Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   And so it begins. (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=204098)

nolemmings 04-05-2015 06:36 PM

And so it begins.

Another season of major league baseball. All is right with the world, or at least less wrong than it was yesterday. Let me be the first here to make a bold prediction: Despite all the baseball gurus saying otherwise, I guarantee my beloved Twins will NOT lose 90, 91 92 or more games this season.

gregr2 04-05-2015 06:52 PM

I am happy the season has started!

familytoad 04-05-2015 07:38 PM

Phils

My beloved Phillies look like they could be among the worst teams.
They have weaknesses in Starting pitching and defensive fielding along with no power, and no OBP threats.
They can be considered a little better than average at Relief pitching and maybe SB.
That should translate to a last place finish, yet despite that...I'm VERY excited for the season to begin.

It's the sum of all that is good to me. The nicer weather, longer days, the consistency of being able to say "We'll get 'em tomorrow!, since there are 6 games a week...The history, the strategy, the MLB app on my IPAD :-)

There is always a special feeling to be at the ballpark. I hope to get to Seattle several times for some M's games.

And so it begins indeed!!

vthobby 04-05-2015 08:12 PM

Baseball.....

I really think MLB missed a great opportunity by not having a bunch of games on Easter Sunday. The NBA loves holidays and does well on them. I would have LOVED switching channels and watching games today and tonite but alas....the Cubs and Cards....sigh.....:cool:.

Monday opening day is like opening the presents the day after Christmas!

Peace, Mike

clydepepper 04-05-2015 08:14 PM

Love Joe Madden - but Cubs are terrible at fundamentals!! I think I could have stolen a base off Lester.

Elsewhere, the Braves finally found a taker for B.J. (call me Melvin, r.) Upton...but the catch is that they had to throw in Kimbrel to get the deal done!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
-
-
It's gonna be a long, long summer in the ATL
-

jimtigers65 04-05-2015 08:15 PM

I'm not a Cubs or Cardinals fan, but I'm enjoying watching their opening day game on ESPN.

vthobby 04-05-2015 08:17 PM

Cubs....

Raymond,

I was thinking the exact same thing as the Cards were mounting the Merry Go Round so to speak! At least Phil Coke had some aggression built up and shut them down for now. I thought I was watching a little league game at one point the way they were running the bases on the Cubs! :eek:

Mike

Jim65 04-06-2015 03:50 AM

For the first time in years, I am going into a season with hope for my Metsies.

barrysloate 04-06-2015 04:32 AM

Mets look great if they can only stay healthy. Unfortunately, they never do.

timzcardz 04-06-2015 08:35 AM

Looking forward to my traditional Friday night hot dog dinners in front of the ballgame on TV!

I've been enjoying NASCAR on the weekends, but it's just not the same.

rjackson44 04-06-2015 09:49 AM

hi barry I go to 30 games at citifield a year ,im a Oakland fan but love the mets ,,,I hope they are good its a fun outing octavio

t206blogcom 04-06-2015 10:33 AM

Go Nats!

My Nats have an unbelieveable starting rotation, but we're still plagued with injuries to key players. Last year it was Harper, Ramos and Ryan Zimmerman. We start this year with Rendon, Werth and Span out and uncertainty at second. Great to have Ryan Zimmerman's bat back in the lineup, but not having gold glove LaRoche at first will cost us defensively. If we can get healthy and remain healthy and start to hit the ball, we'll dominate, but time will tell.

clydepepper 04-11-2015 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t206blogcom (Post 1398768)
My Nats have an unbelieveable starting rotation, but we're still plagued with injuries to key players. Last year it was Harper, Ramos and Ryan Zimmerman. We start this year with Rendon, Werth and Span out and uncertainty at second. Great to have Ryan Zimmerman's bat back in the lineup, but not having gold glove LaRoche at first will cost us defensively. If we can get healthy and remain healthy and start to hit the ball, we'll dominate, but time will tell.

Hey, at least you don't have Dan Uggla...oh, wait...you do, don't you?
-
-