Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Why not have transactions go through eBay for eBay bucks ? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=204332)

Joshchisox08 04-10-2015 04:50 PM

Why not have transactions go through eBay for eBay bucks ?

Not sure if this has ever been brought up but I know I bought a lot of cards off a lot of people here in the past month. And I was thinking it would have been nice to have earned eBay bucks.

Has anyone suggested that before ? You come to an agreement then they list it on eBay and you get eBay bucks they get positive feedback. Win Win no ?

Luke 04-10-2015 04:54 PM

Josh, the reason is usually that ebay charges a ton of fees. If I list a card on ebay for $100, ebay charges me a 9% fee, and the PayPal charges me a 3% fee. I have some cards listed here for $82 right now, but on ebay they are $100. So it's usually better for a buyer to just buy through net54, even though you do get 2% back in ebay bucks.

DanP 04-10-2015 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshchisox08 (Post 1400220)
Not sure if this has ever been brought up but I know I bought a lot of cards off a lot of people here in the past month. And I was thinking it would have been nice to have earned eBay bucks.

Has anyone suggested that before ? You come to an agreement then they list it on eBay and you get eBay bucks they get positive feedback. Win Win no ?

I think the eBay fees would be a lot more than the eBay bucks (otherwise why would they offer them or how would they make $).

For years I've been spending $10k+ (mostly in the spring) buying on Amazon for business. I finally decided to check eBay first to see if the prices are the same (they usually are). I buy a lot more on eBay now so I can earn the eBay bucks and use the $ to buy cards!

kmac32 04-11-2015 09:22 AM

good for the buyer, bad for the seller

rjackson44 04-11-2015 09:58 AM

Feebay net 54 rules

Joshchisox08 04-11-2015 11:38 AM

I figured that there were fee's associated. Just was brainstorming. Thinking of the few more bucks I could have had lol.

1952boyntoncollector 04-11-2015 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshchisox08 (Post 1400378)
I figured that there were fee's associated. Just was brainstorming. Thinking of the few more bucks I could have had lol.

also remember it not free ebay bucks..you have to spend them..when you save money off of ebay you can use that money to buy whatever you want...

I think you cant buy dollar for dollar things with ebay bucks like gift certificates but I could be wrong..

Gobucsmagic74 04-11-2015 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector (Post 1400397)
also remember it not free ebay bucks..you have to spend them..when you save money off of ebay you can use that money to buy whatever you want...

I think you cant buy dollar for dollar things with ebay bucks like gift certificates but I could be wrong..

Actually you can. I buy gift certificates if I cant find anything else before the ebay bucks expire. I think its like gold or something you can't buy and/or maybe ebay gift cards.

rats60 04-11-2015 02:05 PM

At best it's a break even. If Ebay is offering 5x bucks, you can get back 10% of purchase price to spend on Ebay and get back 2% of that. For the seller if they are top rated, it is 8% plus 2.9%+.30 to paypal. If they have a store, 7.2% plus pro rated store fee plus paypal.

It is better for the seller to just discount the card ~10% what ebay would get goes to the buyer and seller.