Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Scanning Raw T201 (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=210909)

Bocabirdman 09-02-2015 05:06 AM

Scanning Raw T201

1 Attachment(s)
What is the best way to scan a raw T201? I have almost 20 that I want to put up on the BST(shameless self-promotion). So far my efforts have produced less than stellar results due to the "fold" of the Double Fold. It creates the illusion that the card is mis-cut. I even borrowed Leon's quarter and placed it on the card to flatten it out.:D This is the result. (This Kling/Cole came out of an SGC 40 holder as a result of a Postal mishap. It is perfectly square.). Perhaps a bigger coin? Or is this twist accepted as a known issue when dealing with T201?

Attachment 203107

Leon 09-02-2015 07:08 AM

That scan is fine. Collectors of T201 know the cuts look misleading. They were cut like that from the factory. I have been fooled before thinking one was crazily miscut. But when I folded it over it was a perfect cut. The illusion is it was very trimmed. It wasn't. That scan is fine. Do scans of fronts and backs and good luck....LL

Bocabirdman 09-02-2015 07:13 AM

Thanks Leon......

Paul S 09-02-2015 07:54 AM

What Leon said!

I've owned a few. Scan looks great, especially for T201. Personally, I stink at scanning and grading my own raw cards, again, especially those Meccas - they are a scoptical delusion. Fugetaboutit! I ended up consigning mine to B&L a while back (Hi Scott and Leon).

Leon 09-02-2015 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul S (Post 1448483)
What Leon said!

I've owned a few. Scan looks great, especially for T201. Personally, I stink at scanning and grading my own raw cards, again, especially those Meccas - they are a scoptical delusion. Fugetaboutit! I ended up consigning mine to B&L a while back (Hi Scott and Leon).

I think one of yours is one when I called Scott to ask how we could miss such a trim job?? After he calmed me down and I folded it over, the way it was meant to be, it was perfect. Live and learn. And thanks for the consignment too, Paul.

brianp-beme 09-02-2015 12:20 PM

Damage control

[QUOTE=Bocabirdman;1448454] (This Kling/Cole came out of an SGC 40 holder as a result of a Postal mishap. It is perfectly square.). [QUOTE]

Mike is being kind...I sold him this card, and because I addressed it incorrectly, it made 3 cross-country trips. That is way too many postal miles to expect it to arrive without damage.

I think T201 collectors are fairly knowlegable about the angle illusion and accept actual miscuts as well, as long as they are not too pronounced.

Brian

Zach Wheat 09-02-2015 07:52 PM

[QUOTE=brianp-beme;1448562][QUOTE=Bocabirdman;1448454] (This Kling/Cole came out of an SGC 40 holder as a result of a Postal mishap. It is perfectly square.).
Quote:

Mike is being kind...I sold him this card, and because I addressed it incorrectly, it made 3 cross-country trips. That is way too many postal miles to expect it to arrive without damage.

I think T201 collectors are fairly knowlegable about the angle illusion and accept actual miscuts as well, as long as they are not too pronounced.

Brian
What Brian said is correct. There are some T201 collectors that pay quite a bit for miscut cards. Yours are fine and collectors generally dont discount cards like your shown above.

Z