Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Thread for positive comments about the Seahawks (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=216752)

Runscott 01-17-2016 12:08 PM

Thread for positive comments about the Seahawks

I'll start: true, our quarterback is making stupid decisions and is inaccurate, the offensive line is nonexistent, our running game is zip, our defense is putting no pressure on Newton, our linebackers are allowing extra yardage on runs, our secondary is sleeping and our punter is still feeling the broken nose; however...

Steven Hauschka is playing outstanding.

chaddurbin 01-17-2016 12:27 PM

looks like someone finally took out that horshoe from pete carrol/russell wilson ass that's been lodged in there for a few years...

Runscott 01-17-2016 12:31 PM

I haven't seen any evidence of bad luck or good luck on either side.

But that was a witty comment Quan. Please keep them coming.

Runscott 01-17-2016 12:41 PM

Looking forward to post-game Seahawk season analysis. It's more than just running into a great Carolina team. Even if Seattle had done everything right all year, we still would have had a problem with Carolina in the playoffs. But this is a big problem :(

I'm kind of disappointed in Hauschka for missing that field goal and joining in the misery - I even gave a good rubbing to the ball that he kicked 3 field goals and 2 extra points with in the 2014 NFC Championship game, but it didn't help :(

jiw98 01-17-2016 01:01 PM

I'm positive the Seahawks will play better in the second half, but......

I'll stop there to keep this positive. ;)

pawpawdiv9 01-17-2016 01:05 PM

Seahawks are coming back...31-14 in the 3rd. C'mon i got 10 bucks against my brother.

Runscott 01-17-2016 02:33 PM

That 1st half was mind-boggling, but no more so than some of the comebacks they've made.

Regarding 'luck', we beat that horse to death several times last year, but I can provide one fresh thought: when you get a reputation for 'miraculous' comebacks and for being 'lucky', it gets in your opponents' heads and 'creates' more 'luck'. I think that Walsh makes that field goal against almost any other team. It also gets in your own head when you've been 'lucky', and helps you do what it takes to have more 'luck' when you need it.

KCRfan1 01-17-2016 02:34 PM

Positive comment : Seattle made the game close at the end.

grainsley 01-17-2016 02:35 PM

Lousy time clock management by Wilson all game long.....almost like he forgot there was such a thing. I give the Hawks some credit though, they didn't show any quit in the 2nd half.

Butch7999 01-17-2016 03:12 PM

Seattle's D in the 1st half looked like it was designed and run by Rex Ryan.

edit: Sorry, just remembered this was supposed to be a "positive comments" thread. Umm...
well, we were rooting for Seattle, and... uhh... yeah, they didn't quit.

Runscott 01-17-2016 03:26 PM

The 'Rex Ryan' comment IS positive. Rex Ryan runs a better defense than Seattle ran in the 1st half, thus you were saying that Seattle played better 'D' than they probably actually did.

Scott <=== still spinning

clydepepper 01-17-2016 03:45 PM

Well, I do like their uniforms.

Butch7999 01-17-2016 04:23 PM

Ryan is an absurdly overrated clown. He totally ruined an excellent D in Buffalo.

Runscott 01-17-2016 04:41 PM

I had more of a problem with Rob Ryan at Dallas. He was only there for two years, but in my opinion he was terrible. The Ryans must be good, though, or wouldn't they be out of the NFL? I'm perplexed.

Butch7999 01-17-2016 11:15 PM

Rex was dubbed a genius for his stint as Ravens' DC, what, eight years ago. Apparently, that year and his unsurpassed ability
as a self-promoting BS'ing con-man keep his undeserved genius reputation afloat.
Rob got one excellent year with the Saints' D (never mind the two awful years prior and preceding), he's Rex's twin,
and he has cool hair, ergo he must be a genius too.
Reputation and "common wisdom" are paramount in the NFL (really all the major sports), thus the endless recycling
of coaches/managers no matter their actual record or how often they're fired.