Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Storage/Display PC Methods? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=225459)

KMayUSA6060 07-14-2016 10:01 AM

Storage/Display PC Methods?

Hey y'all. I have a couple different PC's that I'm trying to figure out how to display. I've read and heard different opinions about certain ways to store/display their cards. So without further adieu, here are the PC's I'm wishing to sort/store/display and my methods so far.

1) Jim Thome PC. I don't know how many base I have (hundreds), but I have 1 auto, some GU/relics, and lots of RCs.
- Method: Right now, I have them all in a cardboard box (750 card box I think). I'm thinking about putting all of the base in a binder, while displaying the relics/GU/Autos/RCs on a shelf next to the binder. Thoughts?

2) Topps PC. This is one card from every year Topps has made cards (starts in 1951).
- Method: Thinking about putting them in a binder. Is that ok for vintage? Thoughts?

3) HoF PC. I love collecting HoF base.
- Method: I'd like to put all of these cards in a binder with alphabetic dividers, sorted by last name. I'm currently working on getting the last card of each HoF I can. I think I'll include those in the binder? Obviously, when I get to the point of acquiring 1952 Mantles and such, those will stay out, as I'll get them slabbed. Thoughts?

Obviously, binders are my main method. Right now everything is in cardboard boxes. Let me know all of your thoughts, methods, etc.!

P.S. If this isn't the proper thread, please move or delete. Couldn't find a thread for this stuff.

BenG76 07-15-2016 10:15 PM

1) Jim Thome PC. I don't know how many base I have (hundreds), but I have 1 auto, some GU/relics, and lots of RCs.
- Method: Right now, I have them all in a cardboard box (750 card box I think). I'm thinking about putting all of the base in a binder, while displaying the relics/GU/Autos/RCs on a shelf next to the binder. Thoughts?

I collect Fred McGriff as well as a few others. I tried the binder method for a while but it made keeping up with things difficult for me. I keep all my base, inserts, autos, etc. in top loaders in order by my checklist. I have this PC in 5 of the two row shoe boxes. I display some bigger items like Starting Lineups or Magazines but I do not display cards.I probably have 1200 or so different McGriff cards plus I have a box for doubles of the guys I collect and I keep them in the same type of order but they are only penny sleeved and in a 5000 count box.

2) Topps PC. This is one card from every year Topps has made cards (starts in 1951).
- Method: Thinking about putting them in a binder. Is that ok for vintage? Thoughts?

I would probably go with the binder method on these. I would get the pages for the larger cards from the 50's to fit the early cards.

- Method: I'd like to put all of these cards in a binder with alphabetic dividers, sorted by last name. I'm currently working on getting the last card of each HoF I can. I think I'll include those in the binder? Obviously, when I get to the point of acquiring 1952 Mantles and such, those will stay out, as I'll get them slabbed. Thoughts?

I would probably do binders for these as well unless they are more valuable cards. If they are more valuable I would probably organize them the same way I do my PC collections.

KMayUSA6060 07-21-2016 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenG76 (Post 1562225)

I collect Fred McGriff as well as a few others. I tried the binder method for a while but it made keeping up with things difficult for me. I keep all my base, inserts, autos, etc. in top loaders in order by my checklist. I have this PC in 5 of the two row shoe boxes. I display some bigger items like Starting Lineups or Magazines but I do not display cards.I probably have 1200 or so different McGriff cards plus I have a box for doubles of the guys I collect and I keep them in the same type of order but they are only penny sleeved and in a 5000 count box.

I would probably go with the binder method on these. I would get the pages for the larger cards from the 50's to fit the early cards.

I would probably do binders for these as well unless they are more valuable cards. If they are more valuable I would probably organize them the same way I do my PC collections.

Thank you very much. I'm taking your advice on 2 and 3, but Thome is the only PC I don't know exactly how to organize/display/sort/store/etc. I'm thinking about binders for most of it because the fireproof safe I have fits a binder perfectly.