Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   WaJo Pins (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=277850)

Hankphenom 01-07-2020 03:48 PM

WaJo Pins

1 Attachment(s)
I used to have a lot more of these, down to my favorites now. What WaJos have you got?

bigtrain 01-07-2020 04:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Over 20 years ago in the early days of eBay, I found a glass
plate negative containing 42 WaJo images presumably used to
make pins. Difficult to photograph but this will give you the idea.

Hankphenom 01-07-2020 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtrain (Post 1945187)
Over 20 years ago in the early days of eBay, I found a glass
plate negative containing 42 WaJo images presumably used to
make pins. Difficult to photograph but this will give you the idea.

What a unique piece! Have you ever seen the actual pin?

batsballsbases 01-07-2020 05:28 PM

Here are a few more Hank The PM10 stadium pin is a take off of the 24 W/S pin.

Hankphenom 01-07-2020 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batsballsbases (Post 1945213)
Here are a few more Hank The PM10 stadium pin is a take off of the 24 W/S pin.

Sweet little collection. I've never had the PM10 or the one on the left, but I had a P1 ornate, a Mrs. Sherlocks, and one or two other old ones. Our two 1924 Pennant Winners are probably the two best I've seen, but don't have the ribbons that came with at least some of them when they were originally sold. I've only seen about six or seven in various conditions over the years, extremely tough pin.

bigtrain 01-07-2020 07:42 PM

The pin in the upper left of Al’s post appears to be the photo from
my negative.

Hankphenom 01-07-2020 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtrain (Post 1945275)
The pin in the upper left of Al’s post appears to be the photo from
my negative.

How cool is that? First time you've seen the pin?

batsballsbases 01-07-2020 08:20 PM

Tom yes that is the pin. The one I have is in beautiful shape. Has a great back paper Hard to see but is James Spencer& Co.Philadelphia. About 1 1/4 inch in size. Very hard to find. Here are some better pics.
Hank yes I have seen that 24 pin with the red white and blue ribbons. Usually very shreaded. Funny I also have a great Photo of that pin being given out at the start of the series. Note the large baseball attached , hard to see but that is the pin...

bigtrain 01-07-2020 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hankphenom (Post 1945276)
How cool is that? First time you've seen the pin?

I saw one at auction a few years ago but it sold for more than I
could afford st the time.

Hankphenom 01-07-2020 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batsballsbases (Post 1945290)
Tom yes that is the pin. The one I have is in beautiful shape. Has a great back paper Hard to see but is James Spencer& Co.Philadelphia. About 1 1/4 inch in size. Very hard to find. Here are some better pics.
Hank yes I have seen that 24 pin with the red white and blue ribbons. Usually very shreaded. Funny I also have a great Photo of that pin being given out at the start of the series. Note the large baseball attached , hard to see but that is the pin...

I have seen that picture, and always found it curious that one of those has never surfaced in that configuration to my knowledge. Wonder what the baseball's were made out of? And that ribbon doesn't look long enough to be the ones with the printing on it that have been auctioned once or twice, the shredded ones I think you were referring to. They might have also been sold without any attachment at all. As I said, I've only seen six or seven or them in any configuration.