Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Any Dale Earnhardt Sr experts? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=279418)

whitehse 02-16-2020 10:50 PM

Any Dale Earnhardt Sr experts?

2 Attachment(s)
I know there are probably not allot of NASCAR fans and probably even less autograph experts for the sport on here but I thought I would ask anyway. Several years ago I was given this hero card "signed" by Earnhardt and I always questioned it's authenticity. It was given to me by someone I knew well that I know had a personal relationship with Sr for many years as they went way back in racing circles. The integrity in terms of the friendship mu acquaintance had with Sr was never in question but I always suspected this may be an autograph he signed for me instead of asking Dale Earnhardt to do it. So...looking for thoughts as to authenticity. Dont worry about hurting anyone's feelings because my general thought was not authentic but then again, this may be an unhurried auto signed for a friend as well. Who knows??

Thanks for looking!!

Hxcmilkshake 02-17-2020 07:40 AM

Doesn't look good. Not an expert but I've owned a few.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Bored5000 02-17-2020 08:02 AM

I am not an autograph expert, but I was a huge Earnhardt fan. I don't think it is good for a couple reasons. Earnhardt's autograph has much more of a flourish and less defined letters than that one does.

One other thing that stood out to me was the inclusion of the "#3." Earnhardt rarely to never did that when signing autographs. Just look around on Google and try to find Earnhardt autographs with "#3" included.

whitehse 02-17-2020 06:45 PM

Thank you for your guy's thoughts.

I had my doubts for all of the same reasons you all have listed but because of the nature of the relationship my contact had with Sr., I felt that perhaps this was not a rushed signature like so many one sees on Ebay but rather a signature where he took his time for a friend.

Honestly, I think this is also fake because I think my acquaintance took the easy way out but just wanted to be sure. I would certainly welcome any other thoughts.

JMichael7 02-17-2020 10:29 PM

Definitely no good.
Looks very slow.
Stay awayyyyy

Duluth Eskimo 02-18-2020 02:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I would say your suspicions are true. I will attach one that I currently have for sale. I have bought and sold many over the years since his death. The photo itself is a promo photo that he used to send out and they are rare to find unautographed. The one you have is sometimes signed by both guys. He is a similar one that I have for sale right now. The is what his autograph generally looks like all the way up until his death. Very loopy and flowing. His earlier (80’s) style is a little less flowing, but still follows this same pattern.

whitehse 02-18-2020 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo (Post 1956221)
I would say your suspicions are true. I will attach one that I currently have for sale. I have bought and sold many over the years since his death. The photo itself is a promo photo that he used to send out and they are rare to find unautographed. The one you have is sometimes signed by both guys. He is a similar one that I have for sale right now. The is what his autograph generally looks like all the way up until his death. Very loopy and flowing. His earlier (80’s) style is a little less flowing, but still follows this same pattern.

I think you just cemented my suspicions. This was something that was given to me so I am out nothing but from the start I knew it was fake and wanted to make sure.

Thank you everyone for your opinions.