Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Best baseball display cube (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=284227)

IgnatiusJReilly 06-05-2020 04:01 PM

Best baseball display cube

Hi all. I am looking for advice on displaying autographed baseballs. I have two team signed baseballs that I would like to display and be able to see most of the signatures. I have a ballqube but the fit is really tight and I’m not sure I want my ball in constant contact with the acrylic faces. What do people on here like to use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve D 06-05-2020 04:31 PM

I use this holder for my better baseballs:

https://www.perfectcases.com/single-...SABEgLjwvD_BwE

Steve

homerunhitter 06-09-2020 08:20 AM

I noticed they have one for sale with museum glass? Was is museum glass and is it the best Glass you can buy for protecting signed baseballs on display? (Wondering if it’s worth the extra money) Thanks

mr2686 06-09-2020 09:44 AM

Museum glass has the most UV protection as well as a glaze (coating) that will allow for the item to stay in good condition (depending on direct lighting). I think the general rule of thumb is how important the item is, where you're displaying it, and how much light it will be in. I have a lot of Baseballs that are just in regular UV cases, but they are also in a room that is completely dark 90 percent of the time.

Scott Garner 06-13-2020 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve D (Post 1987520)
I use this holder for my better baseballs:

https://www.perfectcases.com/single-...SABEgLjwvD_BwE

Steve

I also use these for some of my best balls, FWIW.

IgnatiusJReilly 06-13-2020 10:49 AM

Thanks for the responses!

Fuddjcal 06-14-2020 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homerunhitter (Post 1988517)
I noticed they have one for sale with museum glass? Was is museum glass and is it the best Glass you can buy for protecting signed baseballs on display? (Wondering if it’s worth the extra money) Thanks

the ball and the ink that it's signed with have more effect on the fading of autos, IMHO. If I want to see a Bold signature wiped clean off a selig ball signed with bic pen, I just put it in the 36 ball display with "Museum Glass" and UV ball cubes in my office. They will disappear in front of your eyes. bye bey 10 Willie Mays. See ya 9 Yogi Berra. Nice knowing you Willie McCovey. We hardly knew you cal Ripken & Nolan Ryan. Every other ball in the same display case is signed on Bobby Brown, Giamatti, Coleman...They have faded very little if at all.

My office does get sun in the morning and ambient light all day. Good luck!

homerunhitter 06-14-2020 04:15 PM

Sad to read that post because I thought for sure museum glass and Uv cases would protect from fading. I also read somewhere on this site that Bobby brown balls are the absolute worse when it comes to fading and toning. So that’s interesting to read that yours didn’t fade. I’m at such a crossroads when it comes to signed baseballs because what do we as collectors do? Even if pls Ed in a dark closet and not seeing light in decades , they will still fade! Why even bother collecting something that will fade?

mr2686 06-14-2020 08:28 PM

Personally, I've never had a problem with any of the baseballs Fudd mentions (including Brown) but I haven't tried to use a Selig ball...mainly because I've concentrated on other projects and let my ball collecting lapse. Now, I'm not so sure I want to invest with a possible bad outcome.

Fuddjcal 06-17-2020 04:07 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by homerunhitter (Post 1990353)
Sad to read that post because I thought for sure museum glass and Uv cases would protect from fading. I also read somewhere on this site that Bobby brown balls are the absolute worse when it comes to fading and toning. So that’s interesting to read that yours didn’t fade. I’m at such a crossroads when it comes to signed baseballs because what do we as collectors do? Even if pls Ed in a dark closet and not seeing light in decades , they will still fade! Why even bother collecting something that will fade?

I purchased many of the Older league balls tone free and they tend to stay that way too. The sun doesn't necessarily make them tone, I don't think? The reason you can see mays in this photo is that this is an NL Coleman ball. The Selig PSA 10 it replaced, there is nothing left of it so I put this one there :D
Multiples of Mantles, Williams, Dimaggio, Koufax Aaron, Drysdale & Mays I keep the file box, the Office case and a few stragglers. LOL. I had too many, I limited myself and quit.:)

This is it though, I swear :D Good luck to you!

IgnatiusJReilly 06-18-2020 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuddjcal (Post 1991342)
I purchased many of the Older league balls tone free and they tend to stay that way too. The sun doesn't necessarily make them tone, I don't think? The reason you can see mays in this photo is that this is an NL Coleman ball. The Selig PSA 10 it replaced, there is nothing left of it so I put this one there :D
Multiples of Mantles, Williams, Dimaggio, Koufax Aaron, Drysdale & Mays I keep the file box, the Office case and a few stragglers. LOL. I had too many, I limited myself and quit.:)

This is it though, I swear :D Good luck to you!

Awesome!

homerunhitter 06-19-2020 11:42 AM

Can anyone tell me if it’s worth paying $40+ For a single ball museum glass holder? Initially I say yes but if someone has let’s say 100 baseballs that price can add up very quickly. So wanted to see if it was worth it in your Guys opinion?

Fuddjcal 06-26-2020 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homerunhitter (Post 1991968)
Can anyone tell me if it’s worth paying $40+ For a single ball museum glass holder? Initially I say yes but if someone has let’s say 100 baseballs that price can add up very quickly. So wanted to see if it was worth it in your Guys opinion?

I don't think I'd buy a hundred, but maybe a few if they are nice to display?

Fuddjcal 06-26-2020 08:07 AM

Delete.