Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Pre-WWII cards (E, D, M, W, etc..) B/S/T (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   WTB: 1916-20 UNC Big-Heads (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=292367)

pawpawdiv9 11-25-2020 01:35 PM

WTB: 1916-20 UNC Big-Heads

Yep...I am nuts, but i like this ugly set. :D
So i am here asking for any of the Big Heads from the set.
I know and talked to a few folks and greatly appreicate the forward progress.
I have the Ruth, Cobb & Hornsby.
Wajo- i have tried DarbyS. (and seen many others he has on Ebay)

pawpawdiv9 01-07-2021 08:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
*Bump* in the road for Big Head

pawpawdiv9 08-31-2021 01:02 PM

Still looking for the W-UNC Big Heads....and yes i have seen those on ebay.

Larrybird_coins_and_cards 08-31-2021 02:24 PM

What grade is your Hornsby?

pawpawdiv9 09-01-2021 08:05 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Larrybird_coins_and_cards (Post 2140262)
What grade is your Hornsby?

I saw your threads, that your looking for one. There was a nice Hornsby in HA last year that was a PSA 6.
I am currently collecting the W-Unc Big Heads set (PSA registry). I have most of the big name ones, so now i can focus on the others oddballs.

Mine was in a SGC holder20/1.5 and traveled the board here many times among collectors here. I got it here in 2015, solely as a RC purchase.
I converted it to PSA when i got the Cobb and had them both done in the past yr/
It sits in a PSA 1 holder.
Here they are:

Larrybird_coins_and_cards 09-02-2021 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 (Post 2140483)
I saw your threads, that your looking for one. There was a nice Hornsby in HA last year that was a PSA 6.
I am currently collecting the W-Unc Big Heads set (PSA registry). I have most of the big name ones, so now i can focus on the others oddballs.

Mine was in a SGC holder20/1.5 and traveled the board here many times among collectors here. I got it here in 2015, solely as a RC purchase.
I converted it to PSA when i got the Cobb and had them both done in the past yr/
It sits in a PSA 1 holder.
Here they are:

That Hornsby is beautiful. If you ever run by another please send it my way!

pawpawdiv9 10-22-2021 01:16 PM

Still searching for more of these....
anyone or knows anyone or friends to someone who knows anyone???
Love to add a bunch more to my set.

RFResnick 10-22-2021 07:55 PM

Big Heads

Howdy.

I have a raw Carl Mays Big Head that I'd be willing to trade, if you need it and make me an offer I can't refuse! It's in great shape, though it does have a small handwritten number "8" in the top margin. **I can't seem to figure out how to post an image here. Sorry. But I can email it.**

I have a newly graded, beautifully colored (PSA "A") Babe Ruth Big Head that I have no plans of moving anytime soon. (The Ruth has a small handwritten number "13" in the top margin.) From what I can tell, it is one of 14 ever graded across the major grading houses, and I'd argue that mine is right near the top for color and clarity. (Again, I can email the image.)

Best, Rick

pawpawdiv9 10-23-2021 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFResnick (Post 2156407)
Howdy.

I have a raw Carl Mays Big Head that I'd be willing to trade, if you need it and make me an offer I can't refuse! It's in great shape, though it does have a small handwritten number "8" in the top margin. **I can't seem to figure out how to post an image here. Sorry. But I can email it.**

I have a newly graded, beautifully colored (PSA "A") Babe Ruth Big Head that I have no plans of moving anytime soon. (The Ruth has a small handwritten number "13" in the top margin.) From what I can tell, it is one of 14 ever graded across the major grading houses, and I'd argue that mine is right near the top for color and clarity. (Again, I can email the image.)

Best, Rick

Wow- another Ruth (as from a few post above, i showed my cards, which includes a nice Ruth.You happen to see the Ruth on Ebay for 68K????
I will PM you my email and see what we can do. I dont know what you collect personally.

pawpawdiv9 11-19-2021 08:43 AM

HERITAGE AUCTION-
There was 3 separate listings for these little boogers---
1- Ruth $8250 (9900BP)
2. Wajo $2200 (2640BP)
3. Set of 15 $3200 (3840BP)
(there was no Bodie or Judge & Cobb)

I bidded on all 3 of these items and raised them up numerous times. There were some times i was the high bidder and there was not.
I had hopes on 1 of the items to say at best.
Ended with NONE .
****If for any chance that someone won some to upgrade or for whatsoever, LMK if any for sell.

pawpawdiv9 01-16-2022 09:58 AM

**Bump***
I did add a Leon Cadore, thanks to a board member
still looking to add more. Still got a long way to go for this 20 card set.
Need List:
Bagby, Bancroft, Baker, Bodie, Burns, Doyle, Grogh, Judge, Konetchy, Mays, Milan, Rice, Schalk, Schang, Sisler

pawpawdiv9 02-24-2022 12:07 PM

Update:
The day after the last post i was able to grab 6 of these by a fellow board member.
They came from the Heritage auction i was underbidder on.
So, this is a HUGE suprise and a generous thankyou.
I added Schalk, Bagby, Mays, Burns, Doyle, Konecthey.

Then at Sterlings auction- was a Schang (raw) and in very poor shape and missed out/outbid on (which seems) twice.

Still looking to finish this set. All i NEED is 9 players!!!
(those are located in my signature)

pawpawdiv9 07-09-2022 10:05 AM

*BUMP*
Its been a while, since the last time....anybody seen any for sell or have one they might sell? Folks attending the Nationals this month-- Please look out for me- i need 9 of these little boogers to finish this journey.