Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Charles Conlon PSA authentic (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=298316)

morris_14226 03-09-2021 09:42 AM

Charles Conlon PSA authentic

Hello,

I’m looking at a photo from early 1920’s that is slabbed by PSA as Charles Conlon photograph PSA/DNA certified authentic.

There is a signature of Conlon (only last name and no stamp) on the back

I’m just curious what PSA is authenticating?Are they saying the photo is indeed a Conlon? That the signature is definitely a Conlon? It also doesn’t say what type it is so I was curious what that means.

Thanks so very much for your time. I really appreciate it.

Thanks again!!

John

vthobby 03-09-2021 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morris_14226 (Post 2078805)
Hello,

I’m looking at a photo from early 1920’s that is slabbed by PSA as Charles Conlon photograph PSA/DNA certified authentic.

There is a signature of Conlon (only last name and no stamp) on the back

I’m just curious what PSA is authenticating?Are they saying the photo is indeed a Conlon? That the signature is definitely a Conlon? It also doesn’t say what type it is so I was curious what that means.

Thanks so very much for your time. I really appreciate it.

Thanks again!!

John

John,

Cert number and possibly photo would help but most likely PSA is authenticating the photo as a Conlon photo. If the Auto was being looked at it would say Auto on the slab in most cases. Can you send the Cert number? If there is no Type (Type 1, 2 or 3) listed on the slab as per the photo then it is possible they are authenticating the signature. Photo or cert number please. Thanks! mike

morris_14226 03-09-2021 10:20 AM

Thanks for the response. Much appreciated!!

Here is the cert#: 84179735

I’m on the road so I can’t get the photo of the Cert. until I get back to my office later today.

Thanks again Mike!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jcosta19 03-09-2021 10:38 AM

Looks like from the Cert that they are authenticating the signature.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...efdf93d187.jpg

morris_14226 03-09-2021 12:47 PM

Thanks for the information. Does that do anything for it’s value? Is it more valuable if the autograph of Conlon is authenticated vs it being a type 1,2 or 3?

Thanks again-much appreciated!!

packs 03-09-2021 02:10 PM

I'd say in general the signature doesn't equate to much value. Maybe nominally to the right collector. But photographs are about the subject, not the signature on the back.

morris_14226 03-10-2021 08:07 AM

I want to thank you all for chiming in on this.

I appreciate your responses and you willingness to share your knowledge.

Thanks again!!

John

lumberjack 03-10-2021 07:35 PM

conlon print

The value is in the subject of Conlon's camera. Older prints usually bring more money, too. Conlon almost always wrote the player's last name in block letters with the team name underneath in script.
Show us the photo.
lumberjack

morris_14226 03-10-2021 10:46 PM

conlon print (photos)

3 Attachment(s)
Here are the pictures of the photo. I guess what I'm wondering is why PSA didn't authenticate as a Type 1 or 2. From what Lumberjack said and from what little research I've done, it certainty looks like it's a Conlon. However I'm not an expert at all on photos.

Just as a side note: I collect all things Wally Schang. He grew up in my home town and this would be a nice addition to my collection

Thanks again folks for the help.

John

Bicem 03-11-2021 09:45 AM

The person who sent in the photo submitted for the autograph authentication and not the photo type. That's why you just have the generic photograph designation.

swarmee 03-12-2021 10:42 AM

PSA/DNA is their autograph authentication branch, and the flip says "Authentic Auto." That's all that's being authenticated.