Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Getting a Partial Refund on an eBay Purchase (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=303594)

Tere1071 06-14-2021 07:27 PM

Getting a Partial Refund on an eBay Purchase

I purchased semi and high-number lots from a seller on eBay. There were 25 cards that didn't match the description and he agreed to accept those cards and refund that amount of the purchase. When I tried to go through eBay it automatically assumed that I wanted a full refund, which I don't. How can I go about establishing the refund that the seller agreed to without requiring me to cancel and return the entire group?

butchie_t 06-14-2021 07:31 PM

You will need to work directly with the seller for a partial refund. eBay does not differentiate between partial and full refunds.

nwobhm 06-14-2021 07:52 PM

I have received partial refunds from sellers on ebay. I believe it has to originate from the seller side of the transaction.

Gorditadogg 06-14-2021 08:12 PM

I think that's right. The seller can offer a partial refund, and then you can reply to accept. I just went through the process last week.

I bought a 2-card lot, one card was fine but the other had a ding. I asked to return and the seller offered a partial refund, which I accepted. The funds came back through PayPal and i sent the one card back.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Casey2296 06-14-2021 08:40 PM

Did you ask the seller? Seems like he's more than willing to accommodate your needs.

Tere1071 06-14-2021 09:55 PM

Yes, he made the offer and I accepted it. The only concern was that the refund would be sent to my PayPal account which would be outside eBay's protection, or at least that's my assumption. The seller is on the level, but by sending it out through USPS where I would have to pay the initial postage cost, which the seller will reimburse, what other protection would I have outside of purchasing extra insurance?

Thank you.

Phil aka Tere1071
In the early stages of working on 1970 and 1972 Topps Baseball sets.

butchie_t 06-15-2021 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tere1071 (Post 2113863)
Yes, he made the offer and I accepted it. The only concern was that the refund would be sent to my PayPal account which would be outside eBay's protection, or at least that's my assumption. The seller is on the level, but by sending it out through USPS where I would have to pay the initial postage cost, which the seller will reimburse, what other protection would I have outside of purchasing extra insurance?

Thank you.

Phil aka Tere1071
In the early stages of working on 1970 and 1972 Topps Baseball sets.

If you want to stay within the eBay protection your only recourse is to have the entire sale refunded. If you trust the seller, and it sounds like you do. Then you will have to complete any transactions outside of the eBay system.

Any additional insurance will be on you and the seller to cover the partial deal.

Gorditadogg 06-15-2021 08:27 AM

Phil- Here is my ebay message explaining my partial refund. I would think yours would be the same. Note that although I agreed with the seller to return the card, ebay is not requiring it. So the seller is the one without protection, I got my refund so I am good.

You've received a refund for Luka Doncic RARE ORANGE LASER PRIZM DONRUSS SPECIAL CARD - Well Centered + Mint!

eBay
You received a refund for this item

Hi ALAN,

You have accepted the partial refund for Luka Doncic RARE ORANGE LASER PRIZM DONRUSS SPECIAL CARD - Well Centered + Mint!, and the seller has refunded you $66.00.

You don't need to return this item to the seller - you can keep the item. You can view details of this return on eBay.