Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   EBAY HACK!!! Check your listings!!!!! Changed to include shipping to Russia!! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=316780)

bobbyw8469 03-17-2022 08:15 AM

EBAY HACK!!! Check your listings!!!!! Changed to include shipping to Russia!!

I just noticed on a whim, that all of my BIN's listings had been changed to say to include shipping to Russia. I do not ship internationally outisde of the Global Shipping Program!!! I wonder if other users had been changed as well??

bobbyw8469 03-17-2022 08:30 AM

https://imgsrv.sellersourcebook.com/...jpg?1647527372

bobbyw8469 03-17-2022 08:31 AM

https://www.valueaddedresource.net/e...-gsp-shipping/

Dead-Ball-Hitter 03-17-2022 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 2206524)

Yikes, thanks for informing the group Rob.

BillyCoxDodgers3B 03-17-2022 10:56 AM

Global shipping stinks and I refuse to use it. Looks like another good reason against ever changing my mind on that one.

Snowman 03-17-2022 10:22 PM

I've sold a ton of cards internationally. I've never had a problem with it.

bobbyw8469 03-18-2022 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowman (Post 2206764)
I've sold a ton of cards internationally. I've never had a problem with it.

I like it myself. The buyers don't like it because it cost more, but Ebay does it the right way as far as the tracking goes.

BillyCoxDodgers3B 03-18-2022 08:51 AM

While it might make more sense for higher priced items, it boggles my mind how many American sellers still refuse to use anything other than Global Shipping for their bottom barrel material. A lot of sellers have cost themselves many low-end sales due to Global Shipping. As a Canadian, I refuse to use it. Would you like to pay minimum $14-18 S&H for an item that costs less than that? How much seller protection do you really need for nearly worthless material?

bobbyw8469 03-18-2022 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyCox3 (Post 2206852)
While it might make more sense for higher priced items, it boggles my mind how many American sellers still refuse to use anything other than Global Shipping for their bottom barrel material. A lot of sellers have cost themselves many low-end sales due to Global Shipping. As a Canadian, I refuse to use it to either buy or sell. Would you like to pay minimum $14-18 S&H for an item that costs less than that? How much seller protection do you really need for nearly worthless material?

Well...it was too easy for Canadian buyers to simply say "didn't get it", and Ebay would naturally side with them. It has happened to me. Once was enough.

BillyCoxDodgers3B 03-18-2022 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 2206853)
Well...it was too easy for Canadian buyers to simply say "didn't get it", and Ebay would naturally side with them. It has happened to me. Once was enough.

One way around this that should work is to put adequate verbiage in your listings. Again, I understand if sellers want to use Global Shipping for pricier items, as that makes more sense. For lesser-priced items, however, it just doesn't. If you write something such as:

"We will ship to Canada for our $X and under items at the rate of $X. These items will ship with no tracking. Please be advised that these may or may not take some time to reach you, so please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. You still may receive it sooner. If you require tracking, then we must go through Global Shipping. If neither of these options work for you, please do not bid."

Of course, this will only work for anything that USPS doesn't deem a package, so anything slabbed is out. I'm thinking for raw cards, autographs, etc. that are on the smaller side.

I am fairly certain that this will cover you with eBay, will it not? Things don't tend to take that long, so a 6 week timeframe should be more than adequate. I also wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting to try this method until that piece of work DeJoy isn't in power, as there have obviously been some longer shipping delays as a result of his mismanagement.

Hey, I fully understand if nobody hears me on this, but I assure you that every Canadian reading this is shouting "Amen!" in unison.

seablaster 03-18-2022 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyCox3 (Post 2206856)
I am fairly certain that this will cover you with eBay, will it not?

No, it won't.

Yoda 03-25-2022 11:14 AM

I wouldn't think there are too many card collectors active in Russia at the moment. They are far more interested in Borsht and vodka.

slidekellyslide 03-25-2022 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 2208747)
I wouldn't think there are too many card collectors active in Russia at the moment. They are far more interested in Borsht and vodka.

Most of them also have a LOT less money to spend at the moment.