Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Padres star shortstop Fernando Tatis Jr. suspended for 80 games (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=323445)

butchie_t 08-12-2022 07:11 PM

Padres star shortstop Fernando Tatis Jr. suspended for 80 games

Oh look, another PED-Head.

(CNN)The San Diego Padres were dealt a huge blow to their title aspirations, as their star shortstop Fernando Tatis Jr. has been suspended for 80 games after testing positive for a performance-enhancing substance.

Tatis' suspension, which MLB announced Friday evening, puts him out for the rest of the season and the first 32 games next year.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/12/sport...mlb/index.html

Butch.

clydepepper 08-12-2022 07:21 PM

What a moron!

G1911 08-12-2022 07:25 PM

Not a good look, making himself a bad guy already. Shame

Peter_Spaeth 08-12-2022 07:38 PM

I thought he has been out all year injured?

G1911 08-12-2022 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 2252238)
I thought he has been out all year injured?

He was out injured. And taking steroids apparently, while he was it. Maybe to aid recovery faster?

Peter_Spaeth 08-12-2022 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G1911 (Post 2252240)
He was out injured. And taking steroids apparently, while he was it. Maybe to aid recovery faster?

Man not too long ago he, Acuna, and Soto were going to be the Ruth, Gehrig and Mantle of this generation. I guess Vlad Jr. as well after his 2021. Maybe not.

pclpads 08-13-2022 01:52 AM

Sadly, Tatis has a generational level of talent, but sh*t for brains. 15 years and $340M. Who wouldn't take that and guard it by not acting so immaturely? He may be 22, but c'mon? How could he be that stupid and selfish toward ownership, his teammates and fans? First, breaking his wrist on a motorcycle, then not getting prompt medical care, extending the recovery time, and now the PED issue. Easy as it is to blame Tatis, I think you have to wonder if the GM - Boy Wonder Preller - did his due diligence vetting the kid before inking him to that huge contract. The owner - Seidler - is in love with Preller, so unfortunately for Padres fans, Preller ain't going nowhere. Maybe any teammates who still care could start a collection, get maybe $5 then send Tatis to the corner butcher shop to buy a pound of brains. Sheesh! :mad:

rjackson44 08-13-2022 02:00 AM

What a shock lol..go to ebay a fire sale ,,

mrreality68 08-13-2022 08:32 AM

Regardless of the Reason stupidity we will never know how great he could have been because it will always be tainted by the steroids and the suspension. Never know if it was assisted by it or if is still doing etc etc.

Also makes many people wonder if he is truly a generational talent or what. Many wonder if he was doing it prior to his contract so his great earlier accomplishments are also tainted.

To me there should be harsher punishments. I know he loses a 1/2 year of play and salary but San Diego is on the hook for that big and long contract and not knowing if he is fully worth it.

Plus his maturity is a big concern as mentioned earlier this on top of his motor cycle accident what will the future hold if he does not "grow up"

1952boyntoncollector 08-13-2022 09:20 AM

there goes my betting odds on my WS padres ticket...i had thought he would play end of year .... but i will take Soto..

mrreality68 08-13-2022 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector (Post 2252353)
there goes my betting odds on my WS padres ticket...i had thought he would play end of year .... but i will take Soto..

Great pickup in Soto and it would have been an even more dangerous team with Tatis.
But now i think the WS chances drop dramatically without him.
On the Flip Side I think you have Soto for a few more years and with everyone back next year(Tatis after 32 games or so) your team will be a very dangerous team
Hopefully Tatis does not do something else stupid like a "Cooking Accident" or something