Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   1950 to 1959 Baseball cards- B/S/T (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   1952 Topps "Host Wilhelm post/ad missing? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=327032)

irv 11-01-2022 05:14 AM

1952 Topps "Host Wilhelm post/ad missing?

A few days ago a seller, whose name escapes me now, had posted a PSA 3 1952 Topps Hoyt Wilhelm card for sale that I can no longer find?
The seller mistakenly listed Hoyt as "Host" and was asking $1,000 dollars for it.
The last I looked, yesterday afternoon, there were over 80 views.

Just curious, as I've also asked Leon, where this post/ad went? Leon told me he didn't remove it and since he is the only one who can remove ads/posts 99.9% of the time, we are both dumbfounded. :confused:
The seller also had another 52 Topps card for sale in a separate ad/post and that one is missing as well.
If others viewed it can you please chime in to verify that you also seen it/looked at it as Leon and myself would like to know where it went and how it was removed?

sflayank 11-01-2022 05:38 AM

My card...somehow its now under my listing for 51 bowman hi #s and also still under mail from psa

mullings 11-01-2022 05:39 AM

I also saw the "host" wilhelm post

sflayank 11-01-2022 05:44 AM

I didn't notice, I assume it was moved

irv 11-01-2022 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sflayank (Post 2279297)
My card...somehow its now under my listing for 51 bowman hi #s and also still under mail from psa

Quote:

Originally Posted by sflayank (Post 2279301)
I didn't notice, I assume it was moved

Thanks for letting me know. I was starting to think I was losing it!?!? :D
I also see that it is now sold. Congrats.
I was back and forth with it trying to decide what to do but with the CDN dollar in the toilet again, a $1,000 U.S. turns into $1,400 CDN right quick. :(

Leon 11-01-2022 07:41 AM

Many times I will move things in the wrong sections without telling the person who did the thread. I always leave a link that it moved but those links are timed. I usually time them for 2-4 hours, then the link to the old thread, in the old section, goes away.
As I had said, Dale, it could have been in another section. And it is....

Quote:

Originally Posted by irv (Post 2279294)
A few days ago a seller, whose name escapes me now, had posted a PSA 3 1952 Topps Hoyt Wilhelm card for sale that I can no longer find?
The seller mistakenly listed Hoyt as "Host" and was asking $1,000 dollars for it.
The last I looked, yesterday afternoon, there were over 80 views.

Just curious, as I've also asked Leon, where this post/ad went? Leon told me he didn't remove it and since he is the only one who can remove ads/posts 99.9% of the time, we are both dumbfounded. :confused:
The seller also had another 52 Topps card for sale in a separate ad/post and that one is missing as well.
If others viewed it can you please chime in to verify that you also seen it/looked at it as Leon and myself would like to know where it went and how it was removed?

irv 11-01-2022 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 2279331)
Many times I will move things in the wrong sections without telling the person who did the thread. I always leave a link that it moved but those links are timed. I usually time them for 2-4 hours, then the link to the old thread, in the old section, goes away.
As I had said, Dale, it could have been in another section. And it is....

OK, but since I don't collect 51 Bowman's, I likely wouldn't have even seen that Wilhelm card, or his others, because I wouldn't have even looked in that post/listing.

Are you saying it, the Wilhelm card was in the wrong year, wrong BST section and not the 50-59 section?

Your site but I don't agree with putting/combining different era cards in another post if the title of the ad/post doesn't reflect all or say the years of cards included in the post.
I can completely understand if the seller had multiple ads/posts of the same type/year of cards, but different years, types is a different story in my opinion.

Regardless, glad it has been cleared what happened. :)

Leon 11-01-2022 08:15 AM

Why in the world would I move a card to a section it wasn't supposed to be in? I honestly don't remember but if I moved something it was in the wrong section. If a thread has multiple cards, from different eras, but has at least one from the era the section is concerning, I generally won't move it.

So if a thread has a title of 1951 Bowmans...... but the thread has 1950s Bowmans, but it has other eras too, I won't move it. There shouldn't be anything I do that isn't common sense. But then again, common sense isn't very common. (not intended at you)

Quote:

Originally Posted by irv (Post 2279336)
OK, but since I don't collect 51 Bowman's, I likely wouldn't have even seen that Wilhelm card, or his others, because I wouldn't have even looked in that post/listing.

Are you saying it, the Wilhelm card was in the wrong year, wrong BST section and not the 50-59 section?

Your site but I don't agree with putting/combining different era cards in another post if the title of the ad/post doesn't reflect all or say the years of cards included in the post.
I can completely understand if the seller had multiple ads/posts of the same type/year of cards, but different years, types is a different story in my opinion.

Regardless, glad it has been cleared what happened. :)

sflayank 11-01-2022 08:23 AM

Those 3 were all listed separately with their own titles
Don't know what happened

irv 11-01-2022 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 2279342)
Why in the world would I move a card to a section it wasn't supposed to be in? I honestly don't remember but if I moved something it was in the wrong section. If a thread has multiple cards, from different eras, but has at least one from the era the section is concerning, I generally won't move it.

So if a thread has a title of 1951 Bowmans...... but the thread has 1950s Bowmans, but it has other eras too, I won't move it. There shouldn't be anything I do that isn't common sense. But then again, common sense isn't very common. (not intended at you)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sflayank (Post 2279345)
Those 3 were all listed separately with their own titles
Don't know what happened

This is what I am referring to, Leon. His listings were for 52 Topps cards, not 51 Bowman's.
Like I mentioned, I wouldn't have, and didn't, even check his listing for the 51 Bowman's he had for sale and therefore would have completely missed his 52 Wilhelm card.
Regardless, since Sflayank doesn't know what happened either, (his separate posts from his 51 Bowman post) I assume it was an error on your part or a site glitch?
Not pointing fingers nor giving anyone shit as it happens from time to time, I was just curious, after all this, where his Wilhelm card went?