Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Crossover question (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=331340)

Huck 02-07-2023 11:45 AM

Crossover question

The graded cards I own are all graded by PSA. What is the probability of an SGC graded card NM 84 being regraded by PSA at a 7? For those who have had cards regraded by different company, did the card retain the same grade? Lower? Higher?

Thank you.

bnorth 02-07-2023 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huck (Post 2311897)
The graded cards I own are all graded by PSA. What is the probability of an SGC graded card NM 84 being regraded by PSA at a 7? For those who have had cards regraded by different company, did the card retain the same grade? Lower? Higher?

Thank you.

It varies greatly from submission to submission. I just had 3 SGC cards reslabbed by PSA. When in SGC slabs they graded 2 as SGC 6.5 and 1 as a SGC 7. The 2 6.5s got a bump up to PSA 7s and the SGC 7 got a bump up to a PSA 8. I got the cards back yesterday so this is recent.

EDIT to add: They got graded by SGC a little over a year ago. So they were not old SGC grades.

Johnny630 02-07-2023 12:03 PM

Don't do it. In todays times it's very difficult unless you mark minimum grade as the crossover grade. You're chances are very poor that they will cross.

Gorditadogg 02-07-2023 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2311899)
It varies greatly from submission to submission. I just had 3 SGC cards reslabbed by PSA. When in SGC slabs they graded 2 as SGC 6.5 and 1 as a SGC 7. The 2 6.5s got a bump up to PSA 7s and the SGC 7 got a bump up to a PSA 8. I got the cards back yesterday so this is recent.

EDIT to add: They got graded by SGC a little over a year ago. So they were not old SGC grades.

Congrats to you. I am guessing that these were not just random cards you sent in, though. I imagine you thought they were undergraded, and you were hoping to get a bump from PSA?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

bnorth 02-07-2023 12:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorditadogg (Post 2311904)
Congrats to you. I am guessing that these were not just random cards you sent in, though. I imagine you thought they were undergraded, and you were hoping to get a bump from PSA?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Mainly cards that get no respect in SGC slabs but get a huge premium in PSA slabs. I was honestly just hoping to cross at the same grade. With grades that close they look(ed) graded properly in either slab.

mq711 02-07-2023 02:13 PM

A couple of months ago I cracked a low end 41 Hubbell BVG5 and a high end 69 Seaver BVG6.5 and submitted them to PSA. The King Carl came back a 4 and the Tom Terrific a 7, they were spot on for both cards. Unfortunately I have no faith in submitting cards already holder for a crossover.

Bigdaddy 02-07-2023 02:59 PM

Seeing how their grading standards have changed over the years (and undoubtedly will continue to change), I have little faith that an older PSA card cracked out will cross over to the same grade in a new slab. Dont' know why anyone would expect different going between graders.

Huck 02-07-2023 03:00 PM

Thank you. I appreciate the responses!

Gorditadogg 02-07-2023 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2311920)
Mainly cards that get no respect in SGC slabs but get a huge premium in PSA slabs. I was honestly just hoping to cross at the same grade. With grades that close they look(ed) graded properly in either slab.

Nice cards, Ben. They look like they are graded right now. Seaver and Clemens still have some baby fat on those pictures.