Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Looking to connect with some European dealers (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=338039)

shagrotn77 07-19-2023 08:29 PM

Looking to connect with some European dealers

If anyone has connections in Europe, specifically Italy, Spain and/or Belgium, feel free to share them with me. There are some older cards from those countries that I'm trying to track down. Thanks.

Peter_Spaeth 07-19-2023 08:36 PM

This dude won't talk to me because I complained about his (at the time) insane prices, but worth a look.

https://www.cardsoflegends.com/

Michael B 07-19-2023 08:41 PM

The only dealers I know in any of those countries are Olympic dealers. However, you can also search those countries ebay sites. Go to the ebay main page in Chrome. Go to the very bottom and on the right will be 'ebay sites'. Drop down and pick the country you want. Belgium, Italy and Spain are all choices. If you click on the country it will go to their site. In Chrome a window will pop up in the upper right hand corner asking if you want to translate the language to English. Click on the box that said 'always'. You should then be able to navigate the site and find cards. Most sites have a collectibles section. I do not know if they translate Flemish, but I do know that Spanish and Italian will translate. I have had a lot of success with ebays Germany, Italy and France with the translation program. The translations can be slow but they always seem to work on the items listed. They do not always work for inside the listings so you may want to open up a translation tab so you can copy and paste from the listings (search Italian, Spanish etc to English) You may also find that some people will not ship to the U.S. I usually message them to double check and most will do it.

Peter_Spaeth 07-19-2023 08:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ebay Italy is awesome. I think I paid 20 and 25 for these. Billie Jean would 8.

shagrotn77 07-19-2023 08:56 PM

Thanks, guys. So, why do some of those foreign listings show up when you do a search on eBay US and others do not?

Peter_Spaeth 07-19-2023 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shagrotn77 (Post 2357184)
Thanks, guys. So, why do some of those foreign listings show up when you do a search on eBay US and others do not?

Who knows. But I've looked on US for an Italian seller's other listings and seen 20 items and gone to Ebay Italy and he has thousands. Same with Ebay UK.

Michael B 07-19-2023 09:33 PM

Quote:

There was a time where ebay would list your items in another country. For U.S. it was usually the U.K. It was probably done to expand their marketplace. I believe the seller must chose the platform now. You can go to the other sites and watch items on your ebay US watchlist. However, you cannot see the sellers other listings if you are not on their platform - ebay Italy, Spain etc. I just doublechecked ebay Belgium. You can chose either Dutch or French and Chrome will translate both.

I agree with Peter. For the most part you will find items on the other sites that would be considered steals here. Some of the foreign sellers realize that U.S. buyers are coming over to their platforms to look for items and are pricing accordingly i.e. the German Babe Ruth card (Sanella?), Mühlen Franck, Panini, Reemstma and others.

The people that are most resistant to shipping overseas are the Australians. For some reason many sellers refuse to ship to the U.S. Also, if they are listing using the Ebay Global Shipping program you could ask them to ship via registered mail. Registered mail via Poste Italiane, La Poste (France), Correos (Spain), Bpost (Belgium) will be much cheaper than ebay global.

Peter_Spaeth 07-19-2023 09:45 PM

A significant percentage of my nonsports collection is from Ebay European sellers and a couple of the big European websites.

UKCardGuy 07-20-2023 06:01 PM

Quote:

Ebay gives sellers in other countries the option to list their item in other countries. It may only be for certain products like cards. I know when I list on ebay UK, I'm given an option to also have it show on the US site. But ebay charges a listing fee if you tick that option so I think that probably puts many people off using that option.

BeanTown 07-20-2023 08:22 PM

I have found most all sellers I’ve bought from over there have been very good. I mainly look for Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse items.