Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Baseball Memorabilia B/S/T (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   FS: Any Sandy Koufax Collectors? You Don't Have This One!! - SOLD (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=348998)

quinnsryche 05-01-2024 12:58 PM

FS: Any Sandy Koufax Collectors? You Don't Have This One!! - SOLD

4 Attachment(s)
Paypal accepted. F&F or add 4% for fees.

Available today is a 1954 University of Cincinnati Yearbook featuring Sandy Koufax on the baseball team, the basketball team and in a fraternity. I have never seen one of these and I can only assume there can't be too many of these out there. Please let me know if my price is off, I really don't have anything to go by.

SOLD

Thanks for looking,
Tony

rlevy 05-01-2024 05:23 PM

I don't usually comment on prices, but since you ask, your price is quite high. These are plentiful, check on ebay. Some asking prices are in line with yours, but several are much, much lower.

Rick

quinnsryche 05-01-2024 06:41 PM

I have documentation that this particular copy was sold by Lelands in 2007 for $350 so I don't think my ask is out of line. And, probably better to contact someone directly rather than call out someone's asking price. Not cool IMO.

whodey14 05-01-2024 08:44 PM

How can you say "please let me know if my price is off" and then get offended when he politely explained it was?

There's one listed for 150, unsold.

Last sold for 42.50.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/35559971258...mis&media=COPY

rlevy 05-01-2024 10:31 PM

How can someone say "Please let me know if my price is off, I really don't have anything to go by.", and then get upset when they get informed. Spend 30 seconds looking at prices on eBay.

And I fail to see the relevancy of your documentation that your copy sold for $350 17 years ago, As we all know, prices are based on supply and demand, and the internet has given us a much better read over the last 20 years on the supply side and what is rare. I could point out a dozen Koufax items that used to be hundreds, and all now cost $50 or less.

quinnsryche 05-02-2024 06:36 AM

Keep your opinions to yourself and stay off my threads. If you have something to say, contact me directly, don't ruin a sale. I can ask what I want and couldn't give a rat's ass what "the last one on ebay sold for". I'm damn sick and tired of people using that excuse. If something sold for $350 17 years ago and one sold for $50 yesterday does NOT mean that that's all it's worth now. Someone got a deal and that's all that means.

TAFKADixie 05-02-2024 07:41 AM

This is as ridiculous as a thread as I've read in some time.

quinnsryche 05-02-2024 09:49 AM

Got my price, guess you were wrong.

TAFKADixie 05-02-2024 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quinnsryche (Post 2430823)
Got my price, guess you were wrong.

Two available on ebay for less than $200, so your "buyer" is pretty foolish.

rlevy 05-02-2024 02:00 PM

Looks like one seller has 2 available for $49.95 each, and a different seller has on for even less, all in good condition. Amazing your "buyer" finds your item for sale here, but didn't look on the biggest marketplace (eBay) for one. I guess not a very experienced collector.

quinnsryche 05-02-2024 06:12 PM

Make up whatever excuse you want to make you look less foolish. Just admit you were wrong and move on. I've never had the mis-fourtune of being part of a thread with such opinionated aholes who don't know the first thing about the hobby or human interaction. I'm done with you 2 clowns, go ahead and post what you want, this is my final response.

khkco4bls 05-03-2024 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quinnsryche (Post 2430934)
Make up whatever excuse you want to make you look less foolish. Just admit you were wrong and move on. I've never had the mis-fourtune of being part of a thread with such opinionated aholes who don't know the first thing about the hobby or human interaction. I'm done with you 2 clowns, go ahead and post what you want, this is my final response.

I agree this is not what this forum is all about. Mind your business

jingram058 05-04-2024 08:05 AM

I have seen things here in the B/S/T that would seem way over for same on eBay. Just buy it on eBay and keep still about it. By the same token, I see a lot of incredible things that I could never afford. I will leave a compliment and a GLWS. I think this is how it is supposed to be.