Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Is it worth while to grade 20's & 30's Exhibit cards before selling? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=76728)

Archive 04-10-2005 10:55 AM

Is it worth while to grade 20's & 30's Exhibit cards before selling?

Posted By: <b>Maggie</b><p>Hi! Yesterday I acquired about 50 Exhibit postcard-size baseball cards, from the late 20's and some 4-in-1's, seem to be all from 1935. They're in decent condition, none stellar, round corners, some slight staining, some blank backs, some postcard backs with Not To Be Used in Exhibit Machine on them. There are TWO Babe Ruth's in there, 3 Lou Gehrig (1 single, 2 4-in-1's), etc., etc.!! I bought them for resale, planning on putting them up on eBay. My question is - would it be worth the extra expense and time to have them graded by SGC or someone like that. As I say, none of them are in mint condition - possibly some are very good. I also have 230 boxing cards of the same era and size and am wondering the same thing, if I should grade the best ones. Thanks for your help!

Archive 04-10-2005 11:47 AM

Posted By: <b>dennis</b><p>my opinion is get the ruth's and gehrig's graded.

Archive 04-10-2005 02:01 PM

Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>I need a few for various sets and would pay very well to get them.<br /><br />IMHO, grade Ruth, Gehrig, Cobb, DiMaggio (4 0n 1) and put up nice scans of the others.

Archive 04-10-2005 05:41 PM

Posted By: <b>Maggie</b><p>Thanks for the help - that's what I'll do, sell a few lesser cards to pay for grading the Ruth's & Gehrig's. I've been looking at the SGC submission form - any idea what the projected value of these would be?

Archive 04-11-2005 08:24 AM

Posted By: <b>Maggie</b><p>Hi! I tried to email you, but the mail was returned so I decided to answer this way. It might be easier for you to mail me with the names of boxer cards you're looking for. I have just gotten the 230 or so cards alphabetized, and though there are some duplicates, there are a LOT of names! I'm going to make a list, so if I don't get mail from you before I'm done with that, I'll post it here. Can send pictures of any cards you're interested in, of course. Thanks!

Archive 04-11-2005 11:54 AM

Posted By: <b>Cuseteve</b><p>in some of the NON boxing exhibits...when you get a chance, could you email me a complete list?<br />Thanks<br />Steve<br />

Archive 04-12-2005 10:56 AM

Posted By: <b>Maggie</b><p>I have SOOO many names, and I'm SOOO lazy, rather than making a list of either the boxing or baseball cards, I'm just going to start some of them on eBay Wednesday evening, 04/13, and will be doing some every week after that until they're gone. My ID there is Coyotemaggie, so I hope you'll come and see the cards there!! And I've sent my Babe Ruth's and Lou Gehrig's off to SGC already for grading! Thanks for all the help, guys!!

Archive 04-14-2005 11:47 AM

Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>When I did not respond to an emailed offer within 24 hours he/she sent me a very nasty, sarcastic email, entirely unwarranted. I assume that this is indicative of what one can expect from this seller, so I am going to avoid his/her auctions and would suggest that the rest of you do the same.