Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Need help! Your take on Vintage Authentics (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=79239)

Archive 11-29-2005 03:28 PM

Need help! Your take on Vintage Authentics

Posted By: <b>Ken Rioli</b><p>Hi everyone, I am thinking to consign some items and came across Vintage Authentics (www.vintageauthenticsauctions.com).<br /><br />Have any of you ever consigned to them? Did they pay you quickly (or at all?). As a buyer, what was your experience. I would like to get a sense if they are trustworthy or not.<br /><br />Your help on your experience is much appreciated. Thank you!

Archive 11-29-2005 04:27 PM

Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>Never heard of them and they don't seem to have much vintage stuff. What are you looking to sell?<br /><br />Lee<br />

Archive 11-29-2005 07:39 PM

Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>I beleive they specialize in game used stuff, though also have autographs and stuff. I'm no game used afficianado and have never participated in their auctions, but I've heard they are a reputable company. You might want to aks your questions in the gameuseduniverse.com forum, as the folks there will have much more experience with Vintage Authentics.

Archive 11-29-2005 08:30 PM

Posted By: <b>Dan Koteles</b><p>ther are responsible in my getting the near set of TIP TOP<br />1910 Pirates........good people.

Archive 11-30-2005 12:25 AM

Posted By: <b>Ken Rioli</b><p>Thank you for your take! I am looking to sell some vintage baseballs -- Wagner, Cobb, Ruth, etc. They don't have too many vintage cards, you are right. I have heard great things from buyers, but never anything from a consignor. Seems odd. I will post at gameuseduniverse as well. Great feedback, thanks!

Archive 11-30-2005 01:14 AM

Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>Beleive me, people in this hobby are not shy about complaining about how they are mistreated by auction companies. That I don't recall complaints about this company, coupled with that I've heard good things about the owner, is significant ... I beleive that if an auction house treats the buyers well, chances are that they treat the consignors well

Archive 11-30-2005 03:16 PM

Posted By: <b>Ken Rioli</b><p>I posted this in the PSA forum --- no replies and a few emails saying to stop wasting space on the board. You all are CLASS ACTS, I love this board. The PSA board, well, no need to speak the obvious so let it be. <br /><br />Thanks guys and gals, you all are so helpful!

Archive 12-01-2005 12:39 PM

Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>Ken, in the current competative enviroment, an auction house would be stupid to mistreat consignors. The auction houses need and want consignors.<br /><br />Lastly, I beleive that Vintage Authentics is in Minnesota. Having visited Minnesota many times in my life, I can't imagine anything evil ever came out of Minnesota. Home of Mary Tyler Moore and Lake Wobegon. The serial killers come from next door, Wisconsin.