Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   PSA Grading Sales? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=84382)

Archive 02-25-2007 07:41 PM

PSA Grading Sales?

Posted By: <b>Jay</b><p>Does anyone know if PSA ever has sales on grading prices. I have more than 80 T206s that I would like to get graded to add to my set registry but at 10-15 bucks a pop that is pricey.<br /><br />Thanks,<br />Jay Kaplan

Archive 02-25-2007 07:47 PM

PSA Grading Sales?

Posted By: <b>Dave</b><p>I would suggest calling PSA and leaving a message for Joe Orlando...rare, but I've heard of a couple folks getting some breaks on prices for large orders on vintage cards. It really needs to be suggested anyway that PSA do a special on grading vintage one of these months like the $5 specials they keep doing on all the modern crap month after month.

Archive 02-25-2007 08:22 PM

PSA Grading Sales?

Posted By: <b>David Smith</b><p>Nice thought but I think the business rationale for NOT doing it is this; younger people with less money collect the shiny stuff while older people with BIG money collect vintage.<br /><br />Keep running the $5 dollar specials for the kids and they will pay it, whereas the older collectors have the money and will pay $10 just to protect the card or add to their set registry. <br /><br />Just my opinion, though.<br /><br />David

Archive 02-26-2007 05:29 AM

PSA Grading Sales?

Posted By: <b>Jay</b><p>Here is one young kid who quit the shiny stuff for the older stuff. And even for an older collector grading 80 cards at 10 bucks a pop is 800, which still isn't cheap.<br />Thanks for the thoughts, and I will call Joe Orlando on Monday.<br /><br />Jay Kaplan

Archive 02-26-2007 06:16 AM

PSA Grading Sales?

Posted By: <b>Jim</b><p>SGC has deals like that all the time.

Archive 02-26-2007 06:29 AM

PSA Grading Sales?

Posted By: <b>MEWheat</b><p>I talked to Joe about grading cards in bulk and he did offer a price break. I don't remember all the particulars, but I had 2 lots of cards I wanted graded (between 100 & 250 cards). The prices were somewhere around $6-8 a card depending upon the number and type of card. Terms were very reasonable.

Archive 02-26-2007 01:47 PM

PSA Grading Sales?

Posted By: <b>dapnj</b><p>I thought one had to be a PSA "member" to have them grade a card. Is this true or not? If not, how do I go about doing it? Also, I'll be at the Reading, PA card show this Friday - will PSA typically have a booth there, and will they grades my card(s) if they do? Thanks.

Archive 02-26-2007 02:09 PM

PSA Grading Sales?

Posted By: <b>Jay</b><p>I'm hoping to make the trip to PA just to talk to PSA about some grading policies etc. If not usually SGC and GAI are on site, and they do onsite grading whereas PSA does not (usually).<br /><br />Jay Kaplan