Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   PSA and their rudeness.... (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=86943)

Archive 09-03-2007 12:42 PM

PSA and their rudeness....

Posted By: <b>josh</b><p>I don't understand why they get away with how they treat their customers. I know a lot of people including myself that have had nothing but problems with their service. I have had to call them many times and every time they are very rude and short on the phone. They are nothing but a hassle to deal with. Am I better off using SGC? It amazes me how PSA can act and it isn't just me everyone I know says the same thing....

Archive 09-03-2007 12:54 PM

Posted By: <b>Jim Dale</b><p>Change companies...the sad thing is you might get the same from everyone except GAI and thats probably not the place to go.

Archive 09-03-2007 01:18 PM

Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I don't mind you/anyone speaking your/their piece but you do need to put your full name, and email address, by your post if you want to make those kinds of remarks. Nothing personal...please edit them or put your name and email address in the post, per the forum rules. It's for everyone's safety.....thanks much

Archive 09-04-2007 04:10 AM

Posted By: <b>Paul Griggs</b><p>I once talked to PSA's customer service manager Laura Rosenberg. I was surprised at her lack of skill & her attitude in dealing with customer issues. I believe the problem starts with the service manager & trickles down from there. <br /><br />Paul Griggs<br />paulgx3@yahoo.com

Archive 09-04-2007 06:44 AM

Posted By: <b>Caitlin Weatherhead</b><p>Just curious as to what the general consensus is with regard to using G.A.I.'s services. If they are to be avoided why is that the case?<br /><br />Thanx<br />Caitlin Weatherhead<br />gawesquire@yahoo.com

Archive 09-04-2007 08:40 AM

Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>.

Archive 09-04-2007 09:18 AM

Posted By: <b>Tim Newcomb</b><p>But it sounds like PSA's CS problems go a lot deeper than the average client-based business--

Archive 09-04-2007 02:01 PM

Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>Why in the world should I have have to learn the ins and out of how to work the PSA CS system in order to get treated properly and with respect? That is bass ackwards way of doing CS. It should be as simple ans straight forward as possible for the customer. The company should be doing the work to make things better and easier for the customer, not the other way around.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>The richest person is not the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least.

Archive 09-05-2007 08:38 PM

Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>I am curious as to how many times you have a problem before your realsize you should go elsewhere when there is alternatives. How much is it worth to continually go through the hassle. Until you people stop using there service nothing will change.<br /><br />My personal experience with SGC is only minor problems that were fixed without a problem or extra time or expense.<br /><br />Lee

Archive 09-05-2007 08:45 PM

Posted By: <b>Jeff Lichtman</b><p>Lee, it's simply a matter of the Registry and the perceived higher resale numbers of PSA cards. At this point, I believe the latter issue is now dead even at best for PSA. The Registry issue does drive many to PSA regardless of their faults. Eventually, in my mind, PSA will be responsible for one blunder too many and they will take a hit which will leave SGC on top.

Archive 09-05-2007 08:57 PM

Posted By: <b>Cobby33</b><p>PSA's customer service is by far the worst of ANY organization with which I've dealt. Unfortunately, I like their slabs the best, so I gotta live with it until SGC or GAI grows on me...

Archive 09-05-2007 09:02 PM

Posted By: <b>rand</b><p>what do you like about their slabs??? the cards look aweful with the clear sides, the bright red sticker stands out to much, and the cases are flimsy, most of the time they dont even get the proper size holder for the cards....

Archive 09-05-2007 09:04 PM

Posted By: <b>rand</b><p>i would think most people could put together any set with cards already slabbed for the registry, psa is really expensive to submit to (IMO) at some point wouldnt submissions go down due to the amount of cards on the market????

Posted By: <b>Mark L</b><p>Jeff<br />If there is parity, it is limited to certain sets, such as some of the early E sets. The later E sets, however, are a different story.

Posted By: <b>Cobby33</b><p>Maybe it's just the brand recognition. They're also easiest to store and seem to take up the least amount of space (albeit marginally)...SGC's "storage boxes" are a joke and I don't think GAI has anything comparable.

Archive 09-05-2007 09:10 PM

Posted By: <b>Jeff Lichtman</b><p>Mark, I think in the case of most if not all prewar cards SGC's resale value is equal to PSAs. Different story with the highly competitive Registry sets.

Archive 09-18-2007 06:29 AM

Posted By: <b>Kramer</b><p>I've used PSA and SGC and must say that I've always had great responses from SGC.<br /><br />Recently after encountering a problem with PSA... a simple email to Joe Orlando got me a return email from him the same day and a phone call from Customer Service.<br /><br />It appears my issue was resolved that day and I'm pleased with the response.<br /><br />I prefer PSA's holders, set registry and resale value for my collection... go PSA!

Archive 09-18-2007 10:49 AM

Posted By: <b>T206Collector</b><p>...it has always been about consistency of grading and the money-backed guarantee. The attractiveness of the customizable holders is a huge plus. And, frankly, the fact that you don't have to belong to some membership community is also a big factor.<br /><br />Since I now collect autographed pre-war cards, the shifting of James Spence from PSA/DNA to SGC has been a coup for me.<br /><br />You can play the registry game and the resale game all you want, but ultimately the registry game will have huge holes in it as a result of SGC crossovers and PSA resubmissions. With that and SGC's growing fanbase, the resale issues will diminish.<br /><br />I once insisted on PSA cards for my T206 collection. But I personally found the grading to be really inconsistent -- a PSA 6 with a corner crease, e.g., or a PSA 5 with obviously trimmed edges. When I got 40 PSA graded T206 cards crossed by SGC, they wouldn't cross 10 of them because of minimum grading issues (like creases in 5's and a 6) or trimming. That was enough for me to really avoid PSA graded T206 cards, unless I desperately needed an example or got a good deal.<br />