Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hunt internet auctions --- thumbs up or down? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=88547)

Archive 01-31-2008 10:47 AM

Hunt internet auctions --- thumbs up or down?

Posted By: <b>Scott Levy</b><p>Anyone have an impression on the legitimacy especially of autographed items from the Hunt Internet auctions?<br /><br />Regards,<br />Scott

Archive 01-31-2008 12:01 PM

Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>If you are talking about Hunt Auctions Inc, they have a very strong reputation as a sports auction house. Joe DiMaggio's family chose Hunt to auction Joe's collection after he died, and Hunt wouldn't have a very strong reputation if they were a perveyer of bogus memorabilia including autographs.

Archive 01-31-2008 12:04 PM

Posted By: <b>Dan Bretta</b><p>Never had a problem with Hunt's in many transactions.

Archive 01-31-2008 12:10 PM

Posted By: <b>Anthony N.</b><p>I've always had good experiences, and they seem like nice people when I've spoken with them at the National.<br /><br />

Archive 01-31-2008 01:12 PM

Posted By: <b>Rich W.</b><p>I've known David Hunt personally for 10 years. His honesty and integrity far outweighs any other auctioneer I have ever met, whether in sports memorabilia or general antiques. <br /><br />One great story that illustrates David's integrity: After the Friday session of his two day auction, we were chatting about a few of the pieces and how they did. I mentioned in particular an oddball Phillies piece (David always gets extremely strong money for Phillies stuff due to his base in Pennsylvania) that I thought received strong money at $500.00. David then pulled out his book and showed the left bid that he had...$5,000.00. Instead of lamenting what could have happened, David commented on how happy his customer would be. <br /><br />Rich W.

Archive 01-31-2008 01:13 PM

Posted By: <b>Joe D.</b><p>From my dealings with them - in person - on the telephone..... they are good people.<br /><br />

Archive 01-31-2008 01:46 PM

Posted By: <b>Corey R. Shanus</b><p>Based on my many dealings over many years with Hunt Auctions and David Hunt, I can vouch that they comport with the highest standards of honesty and integrity.

Archive 01-31-2008 01:50 PM

Posted By: <b>Ricky Y</b><p>I have consigned items to them before and I can also highly recommend them for any memorabilia be it cards, autographs, jerseys etc. Friendly and very professional.<br /><br />Ricky Y

Archive 01-31-2008 02:01 PM

Posted By: <b>Fred C</b><p>Hunt Auctions = thumbs up!

Archive 01-31-2008 02:30 PM

Posted By: <b>JimB</b><p>A more easily navigable website for their auctions would be nice, but definately a reputable auction house.<br />JimB

Archive 01-31-2008 02:59 PM

Posted By: <b>Bruce Babcock</b><p>Thumbs up! But, as Jim mentioned, their site could be easier to navigate.

Archive 01-31-2008 03:21 PM

Posted By: <b>Dan Bretta</b><p>Am I the only one that thinks their site is rather easy to navigate? It has a search function, you can look at auctions 100/page, and you can look at a list of items you've bid on. I don't have any problems navigating Hunt's.

Archive 01-31-2008 03:48 PM

Posted By: <b>Mike H</b><p>I think from a site perspective, it would be a big improvement to be able to scroll through pics like Mastro, rather than reading each and every lot and clicking one at at time.

Archive 01-31-2008 03:55 PM

Posted By: <b>MikeU</b><p>Bought from them a few times; no problems, quick shipments and good service. I do agree with some others about their website i.e. I do not like the inability to scroll through photo's or sort data based on bid amounts etc. That certainly does not keep me from bidding and winning on ocassion.

Archive 01-31-2008 06:02 PM

Posted By: <b>Scott Levy</b><p>Thanks for the reply. I will likely bid on a few items from them.<br /><br />-Scott

Archive 01-31-2008 11:15 PM

Posted By: <b>schr1st</b><p>They are one of the few auction houses that don't authenticate through PSA/DNA or JSA that I'll buy from, and am one very happy bidder there! I do wish the listings were a bit easier to navigate though.

Archive 02-02-2008 08:18 PM

Posted By: <b>Dan P.</b><p>I've been dealing with Hunt Auctions (live and internet auctions) for years and never a problem. I've dealt with cards only, though.

Archive 02-03-2008 04:59 PM

Posted By: <b>Mark Steinberg</b><p>As both a consignor and bidder, I feel they are top-notch, with none better. Hunt is as reputable as they come, and pays consignors within 30 days without fail.<br /><br />I actually like their website... the completed auctions search function is one of the best, with the ability to reference items as far back as the year 2000.

Archive 02-03-2008 05:39 PM

Posted By: <b>Dan Koteles</b><p>how can anyone forget the 3 Garters? CObb 97770.00 MAranville 30k<br />Konecthy, which I had won 21979.00. Very nice people and more then practiced at this.