View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 07:59 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by majordanby View Post
a whole pizza for lunch? and you still lose weight? you must have a REALLY fast metabolism to do that. losing weight is simple as calories in and calories out and that means it's about diet+exercise, with diet likely accounting for at least 75% of the equation. a 12 inch pizza is how many calories? 1600? On average, you expend 100 calories per mile - so, that's 2100 calories in one week of running and you just spent 1600 of that in one day.

I run 60 miles a week - ive learned not to eat anything i want because the pounds start to show. the sentiment is that when you exercise - you're given the license to eat damn near anything you desire. i have met people who do such a thing and dont really gain weight - but, most people are not like that, especially as the metabolism slows with age.

but if you can do it, drink an extra pint for those with slower metabolisms, like myself.
I have lost about 30lbs in the last year. I probably need to lose another 15 or so. The fact I love to eat and do so with NO limitations means my little tummy roll will stay. What can I say, I enjoy eating. My metabolism is a ton slower since my later 30's (am 50 now). So, if I want to lose that other 15lbs I know I will have to change my eating habits, which I am not ready to do as of now. I will just keep running 6x a week (2.5 mi a day) and playing softball 1-2 times a week and hopefully live happily ever after.