Thread: 80s-90s commons
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 08:45 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsbessette View Post
I'm sure people have thousands of these sitting around just taking up space. I'm looking to get rid of mine, but can't stand to throw them out. What do you guys do with them? I've tried selling them for pennies (2 for a penny) with no luck. Just looking to see what you guys think. And if anyone wants to take them off my hands for that price, they're all yours.
I used to sell batches of commons on ebay , about 400 cards for usually 9.99. That started not working, so I've mostly kept them. The lesser condition ones I've used as packing material. But including a note is a must as I had one buyer get mad that he got a boxful of worn 88 Donruss instead of 50 nice 70's cards. At least till I explained that the nice ones were in their own pack surrounded by the Donruss that were sent loose as filler.

Or sell them at the club I was a member of which brought usually a couple dollars for a shoebox full.

And after getting rid of a few thousand those ways someone sent a batch of a few hundred british cards in a priority box with a whole bunch of 1990 Score including what I think was a complete set in a binder.

BST here works pretty well as long as the price is reasonable.

So what stuff do you have for 2 for a penny? I shouldn't be buying, but I find it hard to resist a big boxful of cards.

Steve B