View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 09:59 PM
Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Morgan looks like a 6 to me (maybe a 6.5). The bottom right corner will get you on the Pignatano, so I'll say a 5 on that one (maybe a 5.5)
Sorry; the lower right corner of the Pignatano is misrepresented in my scan. That is a little fiber on the holder making it look like damage. No issue on the card itself.

I'm still confused by the gradings. PSA standard is:

10: Gem Mint. The sports card is as perfect as possible. Corners are sharp, color is glossy, and the card is free of any staining. The image is centered.
9: Mint. Only very minor flaws. Slightly off-center, slight printing imperfection, but otherwise an excellent sports card.
8: Near Mint-Mint. Excellent sports card, slight fraying might be present. Slightly off-white borders.
7: Near Mint. Close inspection reveals slight surface wear or slightly frayed corners. Mostly glossy picture, slight printing errors.
6: Excellent-Mint. May have a printing defect or visible surface wear, but there is no loss of overall appeal.

The Morgan looks like a very solid 7 to me. The Pignatano maybe a 9.

I'm not trying to argue about grades; just trying to understand what I am missing. If you are selling these cards how do you best represent them? My thought is to provide high quality scans and let the images speak for themselves, but I'm not sure that is enough.

Thanks for the input.

my eBay auctions