View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 08:17 AM
Mark Fox

I am not a seller but I am a buyer and I have had numerous exchanges with sellers regarding this topic. I am by no means an expert and I rarely trust my own eye to know if a particular autograph is authentic or not for the simple fact I just don't have the knowledge or experience.

My only pience of advice is be ware of offering buyers a refund if an item fails authentication. There are many stories out there of a buyer claming an item fails authentication because they'll switch your genuine item/autograph for a known fake. The buyer then submits the fake, it fails authentication, and they ask for their money back while sending you the fake back and keeping your original authentic item.

In my mind it comes down to the difference in the final sale price that can be realized by having an item authenticated. If your selling a $50 autograph, its not worth having authenticated. If you're selling one that can be valued at several hundred dollars, then it could pay to spend $50-$75 to have it authenticated and realize the gain in a higher final sale price.