View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 12:44 PM
Rob G.

Hi Scott, unfortunately your link above doesn't work for me.

My general thoughts:

1) i'm in favor of SOME gun control, but believe in general that guns should be allowed
2) we shouldn't turn a blind eye to mental illness
3) we should execute this guy

Where do i draw the line? i don't know. but this was planned over many months. He was sane enough to do this stuff secretly and not get arrested beforehand. We can't do 110% background check on every person that looks/acts weird. If every person that commits a crime gets mental treatment and put on drugs in order to function normally, we'll soon be an entire nation on drugs in order to function how society or the gov't wants us to function. I know, I exaggerate, and I blabber on, and at times i may be non-sympathetic, but if you have urges to do mass destruction over many months and don't get your fix by just playing video games or maybe paintball, and then you act upon them, you aren't fit for a free society. Some people can be & should be helped. Not this guy. So are we gonna use him like a guinea pig now and see what meds over the next 25 years will help or hurt him? Or can we just end his life for the 71 people he directly injured/killed and countless others whose lives he's shattered for losing loved ones?

BTW, just to keep blabbering on, where will the money come from to do MORE mental illness checks and tests and drug treatments? More taxes? Or maybe less money spent on foreign wars (yes I'm a Ron Paul fanboy) so that we CAN put more money into helping our own country first?

(I know its tough to read to read internet postings, but all of my words are meant to be very humble and open for calm debate - I'm a rational person that can be reasoned with )

Last edited by tiger8mush; 07-26-2012 at 12:45 PM.