View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 10:39 AM
James Wymer

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Ebay is infested with several serial bid retractors.

I've run across a few in the last several months after they cancelled bids in my auctions. Checked their history and they'll have almost as many bid retractions as items bid on.

Went and looked at their history. Seems there's a bunch of guys out there who like to put in bids, just to see the topping bid and then immediately retract it. I'd end up blocking these clowns.

I wish Ebay would put serious limits on retracting bids. Not only would it cut down on shilling, but would help curb this suddenly popular habit of retracting bids as a bidding strategy and making sellers look like the a-holes.

Some will probably suggest, it's not against Ebay rules and they don't seem to want to do anything to curb it, so it's a perfectly legal bidding strategy..........though most of it just looks like screwing around or satisfying ones curiousity.

In reality, serial retractors are doing one of two things. Shilling on auctions or interfering with them............there's no two ways around it.
Well stated. I also do not like bid retractions that happen just before an auction close. I feel that is an attempt at price control.
Always accepting quality consignments