View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 01:01 PM

Default Willy Mays' golf bag yesterday at Alameda Point

Photobucket

I spotted the golf bag above yesterday at the monthly Alameda Point show...It was novel but I just couldn't get behind it it was so ugly....said it had been displayed in some bar...I sort of considered it....priced at $400.00 with the clubs, $250.00 no clubs...without arm wrestling...It had a big tear in one of the side pockets...the lettering for the country club it was from was completely gone/worn off...although you could make it out...vinyl, dirty, torn...the only thing it had going was the WILLY MAYS...and on top of all that the owner was out shopping and I was dealing with a third baseman watching the booth...As I was standing there looking it over trying to decide it there was any value left in it the third baseman said he could call his friend to come back....I said don't call him I'd be offering around $150.00 and I don't want to make him mad for walking all the way back to his booth...As I continued on around the show it lingered in my mind and I thought about going back...but by the time I was leaving I was already going to be late to church so left without it...

http://www.badgehistory.com/biscailuz_bio.html
Below are a few other things I saw....but didn't get much more than a General Leather Company print in the original oak frame with wavy glass for $150.00..a bill club with former Los Angeles County Sheriff Eugene Biscailuz (1883-1969) printed on it for $20.00...eBay fodder..Biscailuz was a real wheel in California law enforcement....started the Highway Patrol, see link above..,Saw some very cool child's size snowshoes that were exceptional....we were $20.00 apart and I left them and glad I did now...After starting at $300.00 I was at $220.00 he was at $240.00...Also saw a cool old red Triumph sports car on the way into the show in the parking lot, probably about a 1963 model...

Photobucket
45" x 21", dated 1920

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Last edited by CarltonHendricks; 08-06-2012 at 01:17 PM.