View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 11:12 AM
Ryan Christoff

Are you joking that it's not Aaron on the Clowns postcard, or being serious? It's funny, when you guys have an item with random white guys on some town team, suddenly they're all Joe Jackson. If they're black guys, they're all Josh Gibson. But then if another item with an easily identifiable player (say, Hank Aaron, for example) would make it so your "earliest collectible" of that player turn out not to be the earliest, suddenly you're skeptical.

The Hank Aaron postcard is absolutely 100% Hank Aaron. Not 99%. 100%. Sorry to ruin this big discovery, i.e. jackpot.

The wishful thinking of people on this board is way more annoying than any of the childish bickering or silly arguments. Mainly because it's always about greed. It's strange that no one makes great discoveries by identifying the "earliest collectible" of a player on an item they don't themselves own.

And for the record, I don't own the Aaron postcard. I did at one time. Because it's Aaron and it's awesome.

The Eau Claire premium is also super cool, btw. It's just not a postcard of Hank Aaron in the Negro Leagues.

-Ryan