View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 05:34 PM

Default Has Anyone Dealt with http://www.baseball-collect.com/

This complaint by James Graham was brought to my attention awhile ago hoeever I haven’t had the time to post my response due to a major renovation I was involved with. In fairness James didn’t include all the facts in his statement. James inquired if a signed cut by Chuck Templeton was still available, in an attempt to complete his collection of the 1955 WS Champs Brooklyn Dodgers team. I advised him it was a white unlined 3x5 index card, not a cut as listed on my website at $50. Templeton appeared in 4 games & not significant to the team’s overall success however was a difficult autograph for collectors to obtain over the years & known as a non signer via mail & in addition didn’t make card shows appearances. His signature is at the very least scarce (in any form). One dealer on the net has a Templeton 3x5 available for $195. He passed away in 1997 at a relatively young age of 67.

I asked James if he wished to reserve it. He replied asking if I would accept $30, a substantial 40% discount on $50. In response I stated “Before we go any further ... No discounts ... never had to, the $ listed are fair ... if I were to allow for it the $ w/b higher to compensate ... you should have asked about this in your 1st e-mail”.

James replied “Just asking...No reason to get so upset”.

He “Assumed” I was upset when I wasn’t & advised him so. Was I peeved a little ... yes. I did add a sarcastic remark because of the assumption which in hindsight I shouldn’t have. I wouldn’t have minded had he asked if a discount was available or offered 10% less, that would have been fine.

Now, in this forum he is “adding & spinning” my reply as “went crazy on me” & “he freaked out.” Not true.

In a further reply to Lance in this forum he states that he asked me if I would be willing to take a lower offer if he purchased multiple items. This is a complete fabrication & only inquired about the 1 item mentioned above.

He didn’t ask me why I only accept certain types of payment & only raised a “Red Flag” in this forum. The reason why I accept money orders only on U.S. orders is due to being in Canada. In the past I have received bad U.S. checks (insufficient funds) plus over the last few years, hundreds of different U.S. banks have closed.

I don’t accept PayPal due to numerous complaints listed on the net & thereby avoid possible needless complications. Have I lost sales because of it, sure, but it's my decision. Payment types are up to the seller.
There is a note on my web page regarding No PayPal which he could have checked, instead he chose to copy & enter it in his complaint. See Above.

In reference to the “Comic Book” postings. I don't sell or deal in comic books. This transaction was with someone else.