View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 08:49 AM
Richard Simon

The ball is in great condition. Some of the signatures are not as strong as the panel I showed but they are all very readable.
24 autographs including Thurman Munson. Signatures that are included on this ball are Thurman Munson, Joe Pepitone, Bobby Murcer, Fritz Peterson, Bill Robinson, Bob Cox, Gene Michael, Mike Kekich, Stan Bahnsen, Jake Gibbs,Mel Stottlemyre (clubhouse signature), Al Downing and 12 more. This is an unofficial Haiti baseball BUT it is Thurman Munson's first year with the Yankees and his signature is on this ball. He only played in 26 games in 1969. He played three games in August, 22 in Sept. and one in October. This is truly a rare signed ball as Munson certainly had little opportunity to sign Yankee team baseballs from 1969. The ball is very clean with strong signatures and Munson's signature is outstanding.
For those who are wondering, the clinching autograph on this ball is Bob Cox. Cox was a Yankee in 1968 and 1969. The only year he could be on a Yankee baseball with Thurman Munson is 1969.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 69yank2.jpg (35.1 KB, 353 views)
File Type: jpg 69yank3.jpg (34.0 KB, 352 views)
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 09-03-2012 at 08:54 AM.