View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 08:00 PM
Drew Ekb@ck

Looks good to me.
I was at a cheezy auction once and there were a ton of old text books from the 30's thru the 60's that came out of someone's library. I always heard that sometimes you might find a nice card used as a bookmark so I spent literally two hours flipping through pages hopeing to find a hidden gem (while missing most of the regular auction in the mean time) I found all sorts of shopping lists, index cards, a report card from a high school, a birth announcment as well as anything else but a card. Then in the last box when I was sure I had just wasted my time I was flipping through an old book on astronomy and as the pages flew by, my eye caught a glimps of a small card with bright color on the front go by. My heart jumped and my stomach shot up into my throat. As I quickly looked back to find the page the book opened back up and there in front of my eyes was a genuine 1948 bird watching card. A freaking sparrow. Two hours spent flipping and hopeing and I get a common no less. Oh well, it's good to know there is someone out there with better luck in the book/ card game.
Drew

BTW if it turnes out that the '48 sparrow was a gold mine and I was to ignorant to know... I still don't want to know.

Last edited by almostdone; 09-12-2012 at 08:01 PM.