View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 05:00 PM
Joshua
J0shua Le.vine

The people who scream he did not deserve it must never have had a dream dashed or an unfortunate circumstance occur. Never experienced reaching the pinnacle of their career only to have a freak accident take you out of it. They must have never striven for something so great and touching that experience for the briefest of moments only to realize that it is now just out of their reach forever. They must have never experienced a loss so great as to change their lives completely. They must boo the "Make a Wish" kids who get to meet idols or have experiences that they did not earn. They must hate the people who make a difference for others.

They must just settle for their lives, dream small dreams, and be content to never try to improve their lot in life. I feel sorry for these people.

I applaud Adam for taking one more shot. He is again putting himself in front of a HUGE audience and will most likely FAIL. Yep. Even the best major league hitters fail two thirds of the time. He is well aware of this. Do not think he is not. How often do you put yourself out there time and again knowing that you will probably fail in front of millions? He wants to realize a dream and the Marlins will make that happen. How many people in their lives get this chance. Not many. Not enough. Good for him and great for the Marlins.

The more I thought about this today, the better I feel about MLB making this happen. So, to those that say this is a publicity stunt I say NO. It is a human nature stunt and I am glad to see that MLB is finally siding a bit on the human side. Shouldn't you?

Joshua