View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 04:48 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default selling

Hi,
I have sold a lot of stuff on the BST. Sometimes I will put something on at $40, and if it doesn't move I gradually drop the price. Sometime the lower prices results in a sale, sometimes not.

My goal is to make 40% on the cards I sell. If I buy it for $10 and sell it for $14 then I am happy. Sometimes I make more and sometimes I make less and sometimes I lose money but if I average 40% then I am happy.

Sometimes when I list something it is sold in a few minutes which leads me to believe that I priced it low, but that is OK. If I bought it for $10 and sold it for $20 and it shows up on ebay for $30 I am OK with that. If someone has a market for my cards and they can make a few bucks on them hopefully they will come back for more. The object is to move the cards, make a few bucks, and use the profit to buy something for my personal collection.

Don't worry about what other people think about your prices. Put them on the BST with some good scans and see what happens. If they sit around for a week then lower the prices and try again.

Good luck with your sales!

Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.

Last edited by buymycards; 10-31-2012 at 04:49 PM.