View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Pup6913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wite3 View Post
Okay...after talking it over, I sent Ron an email...I will be going through his list and my master list and sending him data on cards he is missing from his list. I hope this helps collectors. Good luck all.

Joshua
Josh thank you got the contributions. I have probably not nearly the list you do so even at this point my work is futile in comparison to yours. You stated earlier about giving info with no credit. That's my worry. The work we all out into this is no way distinguished from the person publishing it. All info I have gotten from fellow collectors is identified by color coding as to give credit to them if or when it ever went public. As someone said earlier Ron should have taken a bit more time compiling info of his own. SGC's registry would almost completely fill the list minus back colors and factory designations. Those are easily found via auction houses and ebay. The info is a lot of researching and time but its fulfilling to see the list come together just like building a master set of cards minus the money cost.

As this board should know I am not against sharing info and findings. So to say that is incorrect. As far as costing a ton to run a site I can only say it cost me less than $10 a month to have my business site up when I did. How much for an advertising banner? Probably far more than $20+ a month(guessing). Isn't this the issue that came up about the T206 resource web site. Info taken and used as someone else's? There's a thread a mile long about it. It was a crappy deal for all parties involved.

So in closing I was planning on emailing Ron tonight and discussing the issues I have but have been in a stand all day. I am still in it btw. Ron I wish you the best from one 205 guy to the next and the work Josh has done will probably fill all your needs. I will take a look after it is uploaded and see if I have anything to add(doubtful) and email you them. I am trusting what you and Josh discussed would be the same questions I would have asked anyways. If he's ok sharing then I will if I have anything to add. Happy collecting everyone.