View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 06:30 PM
Barry Sloate

I understand there are a bunch of people who don't like any aspect of making pot legal, and although I support legalization I know where they are coming from. It's not health food, and some people do use it as a crutch.

But one thing to consider is that we've had a war on drugs for decades now, and by any measure it's been an absolute failure. There are more illegal drugs around than there were before the war started. We can't stop the flow into the country, we can't stop people from using them if they want to, and it's a multi-billion dollar illegal business.

Now I'm not suggesting we legalize heroin or cocaine. That would simply kill thousands of people and would be a terrible idea. But legalizing marijuana, while maybe not a perfect solution, may in fact do more good than harm. I know on the surface that might sound crazy, but those who support the legalization do actually believe that. Of course, there will always be detractors and there's no question it will always be a hot button issue.

Last edited by barrysloate; 11-14-2012 at 06:34 PM.