View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 07:12 PM
Chris

Default Push Pull and Ryan

Best-- do you leave your push pull on Mantle or Berra ? And why not Casey happy or sad ? And is it the regular or Milton Bradley Topps Ryan for 68 ? :-)[/QUOTE]

Al--The Push Pull has to be one of my favorite sets from the 60s. At some point I have to work on completing it (at least the few baseball cards) and pick up the Casey happy or sad. Such a funny card. Right now I leave mine on Mantle. I bought it for my Mantle set, so it fits my collection best on that side. Although some collectors might cringe, I do play with it a bit so it is sometimes on Berra. After I complete my Mantle set, I may work on Berra. Then, who knows what I will put it on. Where do you leave yours? (assuming you have given your extensive Topps collection).

As for the Nolan Ryan, I was thinking about the Topps Ryan. That was the one card I really wanted as a kid. And, it was the one card that really got me back into collecting. A few years ago, I was reminiscing, picked one up, and sent it off to Ryan to have him sign it. The exposure to vintage cards got me excited about collecting again. Sentimental reasons aside, if I were going purely by aesthetics, I think I would choose his Venezuelan rookie card over the other four. I like cards that were heavily enjoyed, and the Venezuelan issues all seem to have that well loved look.

Interested in hearing your favorite cards from each decade.