View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 02:42 PM

I assume no one here knows how PSA goes about authenticating a ticket like this-- what are the methods, exemplars (if any), knowledge--, so I don't know how anyone here can knowledgeably criticize their methods.

The assumption here has been PSA didn't have an exemplar for this ticket, but that's nothing more than a guess. Tell me why the expert who examined this ticket couldn't have a large collection of sit com tickets for comparison? Presumably one becomes an expert in tickets by having accumulating a huge collection of tickets.

Did the examiner have an exemplar for this ticket? I don't know. How did he go about judging this ticket as authentic? I don't know.

Perhaps there was compelling provenance, such as it coming from a scrapbook which included snapshots of the submitter and vacationing family at the studio and set. Perhaps it came from the estate auction of a producer. I once got a small collection of 1970s-80s 'everyday fan' baseball game tickets from the estate auction of a former MLB GM. The collection also included his personalized executive's passes, so it wasn't hard to demonstrate the executive provenance.

Last edited by drc; 12-19-2012 at 03:22 PM.