View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 08:11 PM
S Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
i am not saying people shouldnt protect their autographs, but to entomb them so you cant take them out without breaking an 'authenticity' seal makes no sense. put them under protection but in a way you can take them out if you want and it is not all of the sudden rendered 'not authentic' anymore because you took it out of its plastic.

point it if you wanted to hold the baseball or the autograph, you can't without wasting the authenticity money. you can get stuff authenticated with an LOA and still put it in a holder that is reversible without "ruining" the authentication.

i just hate those encapsulated holders anyway. they are worthless.
I see what you are saying, but I made the determination that with a paper check, I will never be taking them out of the protective holder in which I am placing them in.

I don't anticpate any reason I will be doing so, as I methodically plan and decide the course of action for each collectible I have so I'm not going in different directions every year or so.

If for some reason I decide in the future to do something else with them, I'll break them without any problem as I don't have them tombed for authenticity. If I keep them encased for a period of five years and somehow take them out, it's not a huge waste of money due to the fact that I got to enjoy that plastic case for a period of five years. Most people would spend more at their local bars in a month than I will spend on my multiple $12.50 'frames' from PSA.

Your opinion is that you'd like the opportunity to easily touch your collectible if you choose. My opinion is that I don't want to ever touch my collectible without it being protected ever again, and PSA provides a nice comfort for me in that regard.

I'm not sure either one of us will be changing our minds any time soon. Which is good, because you are doing what makes you happy and I'm doing what makes me happy. It would suck if we were doing the reverse.