View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 04:52 PM

Thanks to everyone for the replies....This confirmed what I already believed. I saw no issues with the autograph itself and the ball has the Upper Deck hologram on it. The hologram looked legit and I didn't think incription threw up any red flags (esp considering this was common UDA ball inscription). My surprise came when I called Upper Deck to verify the hologram matched a Mantle ball and their response was "We cannot confirm the authenticity" and will make no further comment. This concerned me as I generally check all my Upper Deck products with no issue. I do this as much for if I ever sell it I know many buyers will do the same. I asked question after question and they would say no more. I then as a test tried to verify other UDA products I owned which I had the original box, COA, pouch, etc.. as I knew they were legit. Not all of these could be confirmed so apparently Upper Deck has developed some cataloging issues or something lately which is rather disappointing. I always considered their memorabilia side to be top notch if you couldn't watch it be signed yourself...Anyways, thanks for the help. I haven't decided what I am gonna do with the ball yet but least I know its good whatever direction I go.