View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 04:33 PM
Alan Elefson

Default Nellie Fox and LBJ??? Autos???

Hi-
Sorry for the odd title. I recently acquired a small autograph lot at a local ephemera show and this sheet was included with it. It is a 1967 Houston Astros Spring Numerical Roster. There are several autographs on it but two stood out to me. One was a Nellie Fox. However, an admittedly quick Google search only uncovered autographs showing his full name. Also, the autographs did not appear to be similar to this one (although I saw several with a T/F they were in cursive). Is this a legitimate Nellie Fox autograph?

Much more unlikely is the second signature that stood out to me. It looks like Lyndon B Johnson. However, it does not appear to match to other examples I found (again through a quick Google search). I also tried searching baseball reference to see if there were any players named Lyndon (or Lydon) B Johnson but I could not find any. Is this a legitimate LBJ autograph? If not, any ideas on who it is? Or, was someone having a little fun?

For what its worth, it appears there are definitely genuine autographs on the sheet including Bob Aspromonte and Jim Busby. Any help anyone could provide is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Alan Elefson
aelefson@hotmail.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nellie Fox.jpg (79.2 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg LBJ.jpg (79.3 KB, 108 views)