View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 04:47 PM
Derek 0u3ll3tt3

I'm glad to see it yanked again after this lame response from the seller, below, with my original question:

I'm having a very hard time believing that an auction house would turn away this item because of an "overabundance of sports memorabilia." They had so many $100 signatures they couldn't make room for one that could fetch several thousand? That just sounds fishy. What were the results of the "pending inspection" that is printed on your receipt?

I'm selling this card for a friend who is hurting for cash. I wanted to send the card out to have it graded but he needs the cash ASAP ! I know absolutely nothing about this card. I only know what he has told me. He thinks Sothrbys misplaced the card and couldnt find it in time for the auction and just told him there was no room in the auction for this card. He said it took 3 months to get the card back bc they said they misplaced it. When he finally got it back from Sothrbys he just put it away. But now he needs the money. I'm about 99% sure that the signature on the back is not real. The card is worn and I think sombody just wrote the players name on the back so they would know who it was on the card. But the card is definately an original Old Judge.

Unbelievable....99% sure it's not real? That certainly how it was stated in the auction. In fact, the original listing had a Q&A posted where he stated it was indeed signed on the back by Keefe. What a joke.

And to his statement about someone writing the name on the back, it sure seems odd someone would write the name almost exactly the way Keefe's signature would have looked. Maybe the lamest attempt to justify selling a forgery I've ever seen.

Last edited by dgo71; 01-30-2013 at 04:49 PM.