View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 09:26 PM
Jason

Default FS? & Need advice 1953 Bowman Mickey Mantle

I purchased this card last night from a deal on CRAIGSLIST of all places...and of course I am wanting to sell it, but I also need you the experts on 54 to give me some advice about the condition. I have never purchased a raw 53 Bowman before as I don't want to get burned with it being trimmed, so you know I got a good deal on it. It is an absolute stunning 53 Bowman with amazing eye appeal. I do have this SGC 5 Mantle and it measures just slightly longer than the SGC slabbed Mantle. I contacted SGC to question its authenticity. SGC informed me that not all 53 Bowmans are cut the same. I guess what I'm wanting to know is that the case with 53 Bowmans? I noticed that all my 53 Bowmans are different sizes! I plan to get this one graded, but if anyone is interested I'm interested. The corners are nice with hardly any tip touches. The edges are better than the corners. The only flaws are that it has less than 1/4' indentions along the black borders on both sides on the front only which you cannot see unless you tip card under good light. The cardboard also has a wave to it...BUT No stains, no creases and beautiful smooth clean surface front and back. If I could get some advice about the cuts on the 53 Bowmans It would be greatly appreciated! Also, PM me if you want to make an offer! I may consider and offer....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scan0012.jpg (78.8 KB, 175 views)
File Type: jpg scan0013.jpg (78.5 KB, 175 views)
File Type: jpg scan0014.jpg (77.1 KB, 175 views)
File Type: jpg scan0015.jpg (78.6 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg scan0016.jpg (78.6 KB, 63 views)

Last edited by jjcollects; 03-13-2013 at 10:12 PM.