View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 02:48 PM
Colby Neal-Tan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew H View Post
Sure it's easier for todays newbies to www any info they want, but I'd trade that experience any day for the advantage of being able to buy cards in the 70s-80s market.

In Tan's defense (although he needs to learn how to respect his elders) I've never asked google if my cards are real.

Tan, I agree with Scott, study some real cards. You can just study the ones you have, they are real. Note the difference between the front and back surface. I haven't seen a fake that properly replicates the clay texture on the front. Look closely at the the white borders, look at where they meet the edge. Look at the bottom left corner of your McGraw. You will see where some of the clay surface has chipped away, hopefully that will help you identify what the surface is made of.

You really should have gotten a photo of the cow. T206 are a dime-a-dozen,,, never seen a house cow before.

-Matt
I am just messing with you the old guys who had at first gotten me heated. I respect the older collectors more than anything. That's why I am on this website posting threads and also reading them. Most or almost all of my baseball stories have been either from books or from dealers/collectors I have met through the years. Unfortunately, it seems rare to find many collectors my age so obviously most of my baseball card friends are considerably older than I. Obviously, its hard to really show any emotion through text, but I respect the hell out of the older collectors. Everything I am saying is just out of good fun. I mean you old guys got to live and see my favorite players of all-time.

It is amazing reading about how great Mickey Mantle was, but its even better listening to someone talk about watching "the Mick" play in person. Just listening to how it affected their childhood and everything that baseball was back then. I love baseball and history. That's the reason I collect baseball cards.