View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 02:30 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan-budman View Post
I get the impression that he agrees it is fake, but he can't get his money back from the auction house based on Jim's word on this message board. The OP has said as much a couple of times. If it's fake, hopefully it will be found as such by JSA, at which point he can ask for his money back.

I suppose if JSA finds it is genuine, then there may be an issue.

I think that some folks here are a bit too eager to harshly judge some of the newbies that come here asking for opinions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drc View Post
I'm not an autograph expert and know that there are many learned and helpful people on this site who've done a service in offering their inputs, people who know a lot more about autographs than I do. My problem in this thread is there is no rule, stated or unstated or implied, that a collector can't ask for an opinion on this website then seek another opinion elsewhere. An autograph or baseball card or baseball bat owner is free to get a third opinion elsewhere after asking for an opinion here. It's his right.
It is his right to do whatever he wants, but he even admitted he doesn't want it even if it does pass JSA. He wants to pass something he and two learned experts agree is no good on to some other unsuspecting buyer.

Where has honor gone nowadays? I cannot believe people are sticking up for this ridiculousness. I'm sure the guy is a decent person, but his comments are stupid.