View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 09:41 PM
N.ate A.dams

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobbSpikedMe View Post
My first reaction to this one is that the seller honestly doesn't know it's a reprint. They look like one of those "we sell anything for anyone" type of operations. I figured the consignor told them it was a 1909 card of Ty Cobb and they wanted the opening bid to be $699.99. The seller doesn't know it's fake and just lists it for the consignor as requested. They have 16K+ feedback. I don't see them knowingly trying to rip someone off on this card when this is obviously their business. If it was a casual seller with low feedback I would be more inclined to think they might be trying to scam people though. That's just my initial feelings on it though.

AndyH

Fair point, and I said as much in my message. I said "If you do know what you're doing, then.........If you do not, and think it's real, then I hope you didnt pay too much."

I hope you're right Andy, but I also hope someone doesn't purchase before it's taken off.