View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 07:45 PM
Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlegsFan View Post
It's not rocket science. I know Pete is not a favorite because of what he is. Ruth and Cobb died before most people here in this forum were even born. I get it. There's nothing complicated about 4256. The thread says best "baseball player." Not most honorable, dynamic, pitcher, runner, coach, donator, war hero, etc. . . . To play "base" ball, the player has to hit the ball, be hit by the ball, or walked, to get on "base." This is what Rose did, very simple, "hit the basball and run to the base before getting "out"," And he did this more than any other player in history. I guess I just thought 4189 of Cobb's wasn't that close to 4256. Aaron did it 3771. I can't boast watching baseball since forever, but I can say the recorded stats are facts, even if the record holders are of questionable integrity. I "bet" you can't find somebody that has "hit" a baseball more than Rose.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2
Actually the name of the thread was changed to best Prewar player.

You're utterly spurious in your ASSumption of HITs being the most important aspect of baseball. It is runs. Considering how many precious hits Rose had he still had less scored runs then Ruth or Aaron. Rose also barely makes it into the top 100 for RBIs, Yount and Pudge have more.

If Aaron wanted to he could have had 4300 hits while batting over .330. He choose instead to hit for power instead of slapping singles.

Ichiro and Pujols are better then Rose.

Always up for a trade.

If you have a Blue Weiser Wonder WaJo, PM/Email Me!