View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 07:23 AM
Ed McCollum

Default Extortion never works...

Frank and I have had this discussion before. There is a Mullin horizontal that the seller insisted was worth $199. I offered $65 repeatedly, and was finally told he would rather destroy the card than sell to an ass like me. Honestly, I think the two of us had a disagreement on who was the ass in this case...the card was ungraded, no sharp corners, and a large ink spot on the back covering part of the rubber stamp. Also was as best centered 70/30.

But it left one less for me to pursue. Like I've said from the beginning, I'd like them all, but since I have no idea how many that is, and since so many are with Hindu backs (and of course, the three Cobbs that have surfaced...), that will never happen. I'll be happy to get what I can and see how many I end up with before Howe and I get together (where ever that might be) and I can finally found out how many he had. It's a nice obsession that for the most part keeps me out of trouble.

Thanks for the help offered by all in this and any other pursuit. I really appreciate the help of everyone on the board in my strange little quest.

Ed