View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 05:44 AM
Bill Gregory

Gentlemen, your collections are inspiring.

I have a question for each of you. Out of the Mantles you all have posted, do you have a favorite in your collections? Can you even pick just one?

I watched Billy Crystal's excellent 61* for the first time ever last night (found the Blu Ray for $10 on a late night Wal Mart soda and popcorn run). The movie, and the making of documentary have brought an added appreciation for what Mickey and Roger both accomplished that summer. I really wish I'd grown up back then.

I might just have to make Mr. Mantle the first graded vintage I buy. I have to say that the 1953 Bowman Color Mantle sits at the very top of my list of graded vintage cards to buy. That one, and the Mantle, Berra and Bauer trio card are so beautiful to me. They're windows into a bygone era.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 05-18-2013 at 06:05 AM.